ACER Nitro XV272U Pbmiiprzx Dull Colors in certain games how to fix this

Options
Landon221317
Landon221317 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2022 in Monitors

Monitor: ACER Nitro XV272U Pbmiiprzx

Consoles: Xbox Series X and Xbox One S

so my Xbox one s worked great with this monitor in terms of colors. Everything looks and looked amazing. But I would load up a game I don’t usually play like fortnite and the screen would go black and when It came back all the colors would be distorted, and less vibrant. I’m not really sure the exact terminology of what’s different with the colors but I had just ignored it since I didn’t play that game that much. I now upgraded to an Xbox Series X and this issue has came up on one of the games I do play quite often and it’s really frustrating. I’m not sure what to do or how to fix this but the game just looks awful.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• William_mk2
    Options

@Landon221317

I understand you connected the xbox with the acer monitor.

Try to do power drain test on your monitor.. 

Unplug all the cables from the monitor

If the cable is inbuilt please don't try to remove it.  

Hold the power button for 1 minute

Plug all the cables back.

Turn on the monitor and check..

If it is not working fine ..

Using the control buttons on the monitor try to reset the settings to defaults and then check..  It should work fine.. 

It might also be a cable issue..  

Please remove the cable between monitor and xbox.   Try to connect it back and check.  If possible try to use an alternative cable and check.  

If the problem persists try to use an alternative power cable and display cable and check.  Try to bypass the surge protector and connect the monitor directly to power outlet.  Try to connect monitor on a different power outlet or surge protector and check.  

On the monitor – use the control buttons.  There will be an option to reset monitor settings to default.  Try to reset the monitor and check.  

To isolate the issue, try to use the same monitor to a different device and check or Try to use an alternative monitor on this xbox and check.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Landon221317
    Options

i swapped the cables and it seems to have gotten rid of an issue with the colors black and purple I was seeing but all colors are still slightly dulled. They’re not as vibrant and pigmented as they used to be

• Landon221317
    Options

i swapped the cables and it seems to have gotten rid of an issue with the colors black and purple I was seeing but all colors are still slightly dulled. They’re not as vibrant and pigmented as they used to be