Cannot open Windows 11 due to no knowledge of password for Administrator or Defaultuser0

NCushing
NCushing Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

So I got my brand new Aspire straight out of the box, powered up to find a black screen. Did a PC reset. Now the Administrator account and Defaultuser0 account have been disabled. Cannot open Windows 11 due to no knowledge of password for Administrator or Defaultuser0. Any help appreciated.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder

It looks like the first boot has not ran properly, it should have dropped you into the first run wizard! If you hold shift when you restart you should be able to get to the advanced start up settings, and drop into "reset this pc" again which should force it to do the first run wizard

Failing that, you can drop into safe mode, and that may let you run into the first run wizard and kick it into life, I cant remeber off the top of my head where that lives though, so may need a few to find it!

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,302 Trailblazer
    edited December 2022

What is the exact Aspire laptop model number, sorry that you are having these problems, but this happens with new and installation of Windows 10/11, as allot of the users are facing this defaultuser0 password issue. No one knows, let alone enter a password when Windows 10/11 restarts. Well, you shouldn’t be worrying about this issue as its harmless and doesn’t affect your data and you will be able to get into Win-11, see this post “Windows 10/11 Constantly Asking for Defaultuser0 Password” and follow that.

If all the above doesn’t work and your Aspire is an Intel based laptop do this, as an AMD is the same but don’t use the Intel side of this guide, as and after you then need to reinstall Win-11 and do a Clean Install, use Rufus 3.21 and install Rufus onto a USB as this software will also download the latest Win-11 OS and you will have a bootable Win-11 USB.

Turn your laptop off, then insert the bootable USB into the laptop and start the installation process, when you get to the HDD section, delete the boot drive and then Format the boot drive and then make sure that you have on another USB installed the “IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver” for your Aspire laptop so that you can install this driver to be able to continue with the Win-11 installation.

After and post Win-11 installation make sure that you set a 4 digit pin and an easy pin to remember, and make sure that all windows updates are done, install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (if your Aspire is Intel based) and do a scan to install the latest Intel graphics drivers, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers and all Intel drivers and if you have an Nvidia driver install the latest Nvidia graphics drivers too. That is all that you have to do, as this laptop should work perfectly and 100%, as you must have done something wrong initially. Good luck have a good festive season😀and enjoy your Acer product.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,557 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Alt-F10 will get you to the factory back up copy.

Otherwise create a flash drive on another computer and boot. It is BOOTABLE.

You may need to make BIOS boot enabled if you can get in with the delete key when booting.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-installation-media-for-windows-99a58364-8c02-206f-aa6f-40c3b507420d

• Larryodie

Here is the WIN11 link. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11

I just did it to my 2 year old computer to start over. Updates are slow because they wait a week apart to do.

These USB are BOOTABLE so no need to do anything do a F12 if you have BOOT ENABLE on in your BIOS

• Larryodie

You may be able to do a repair when you do an ALT-F10 to get into safe mode.

• NCushing
    NCushing Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks very much to everyone's input so far.

I am unsure what to do regarding received advice. This Acer Aspire PC desktop is brand new from box and am nervous about trying fixes without Acer tech support help. Should I wait for Acer tech support to respond before I try any suggested fixes on this forum. Following system PC reset procedure :-

I cannot use Administrator account as it says it's disabled.

I cannot use Defaultuser0 account as it is disabled.

If I go into safe mode how can I use administrator if it is disabled ?

Feeling pretty frustrated about whole situation , have used Dell products all my life and have never had such issues with new products straight out of box.

• Larryodie

Yes I would call support 1st as they might replace the unit or send a recovery drive ?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,268 Trailblazer

Somehow it has gone through the setup process and aborted without finishing, that's what created the default user. Use the Alt-F10 at startup to do the factory recovery and it'll get back to before the setup started. You can go ahead and contact support, but they'll just step you through that.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.