power saving mode is not doing anything how to fix it please solve my issue

Options
Cen_Geng
Cen_Geng Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited December 2022 in Windows 11

previoiusly on windows 10 when i turned power saving mode on via nitrosence software it limited the cpu to base frequency 2.69ghz

and battry life was excellent when it was in power saving mode on

but after i switched to windows 11 the power saving mode is not working as expected either i turn power saving on or leave it to performance mode the cpu always is on high frequency

and it dosent limit cpu to its base frequency and battry life is terrible

cant even get more then 2 hours 30 min of playback now

so please if there anybody knows how to fix it please solve my issue

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,006 Trailblazer
    Options

Go here and read Power efficient settings in Windows 11

Help improve battery life

Lithium-ion batteries age over time, which can result in a battery not holding a charge for as long as it did when it was new. The capacity of lithium-ion cells is reduced after a certain number of times the battery is charged and then discharged. As a result, you’ll need to charge your battery more often, and the overall battery capacity may be lower. Power efficient settings help extend your battery life by minimizing the amount of battery needed to power your device when you’re not using it. These settings turn off your screen and put your device to sleep when not in use.

• Cen_Geng
    Cen_Geng Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options

you didnt get my question i still have most of my batterys designated capisity

i want my cpu to not go over base speed(2.69)

while it is in power saving mode

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,783 Trailblazer
    Options

It's a little tougher to get to where you can tweak those settings in Windows 11 than it was in Windows 10. Advanced power settings are still there in Control Panel and If you change the settings for the power plan you are using you likely have the ability to change the maximum CPU to some percentage other than 100%.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.