Low brightness on XV272UP Monitor Sadly I did not find a firmware update

Options
Yesno
Yesno Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2022 in Monitors

Hello,

I got my XV272UP Monitor and ran into this apparently well known issue where the brightness is noticeably lower than what it's supposed to be. I already tried the following steps to solve this issue:

- Changing all Monitor settings

- Changing all Nvidia settings

- Downloading Acer Display Widget and change Monitor settings via this App while also trying to update the Monitor (supposedly there is no new update)

- Changing settings over the service menu

From what I've gathered the issue lies in its m270kcj-k7e Panel which I also have (checked over the service menu). Apparently a lot of XV272U Series Monitor models have this problem whereas some models like the XV272UKV received a firmware update that fixes this problem, since those could not use the full brightness range of the m270kcj-k7e Panel. Sadly I did not find a firmware update for my XV272UP Monitor nor a different solution yet.

And before I return this monitor I wanted to try to fix it, since it seems like there should be a solution that I'm missing.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• William_mk2
    Options

@Yesno

It might be a cable issue..  Remove all the cables from monitor.  Press and hold the power button of monitor for 1 min.  Connect all the cables back. Try to turn on the monitor.  Connect the monitor to computer and check. If the cable is non removable please don't try to remove it. 

Please remove the cable between monitor and computer.   Try to connect it back and check.  If possible try to use an alternative cable and check.  

If the problem persists try to use an alternative power cable and display cable and check.  Try to bypass the surge protector and connect the monitor directly to power outlet.  Try to connect monitor on a different power outlet or surge protector and check.  

On the monitor – use the control buttons.  There will be an option to reset monitor settings to default.  Try to reset the monitor and check.  

To isolate the issue, try to use the same monitor to a different computer and check or Try to use an alternative monitor on this computer and check.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• William_mk2
    Options

@Yesno

If your monitor is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.   Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.  On the new page - scroll down - click on "contact support". Scroll down. You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

If it is out of warranty, please contact local store or

Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.  On the new page - scroll down - Click on "Repair My Acer" - Request to have your Acer product repaired.  There will be charges for repair. 

Additional info to contact Acer Store: Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.  You can buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories. Alternatively, on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.  For the parts which are not available on Acer store, you have to contact local store.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Yesno
    Yesno Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for the fast reply!

I tried all of the above with multiple cables and power sources. Sadly none of those worked. Same for the settings reset which I already did numerous times.

I appreciate the suggestions though.