Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

Visit our Product Forums for more current content.

Report on Acer Extensa 5630G

Andrea_SAAndrea_SA Posts: 1Member

Report on Acer Extensa 5630G

Model EX5630G-662G32MN EM VB32ERZA2 MC

Serial number:***

Bought the above laptop from Leviathan Information Technology 2009/06/25 (rep Bradley ***)

Reported fault and sent to Acer 2009/08/26 – Fault: LT – Unit will not switch on

Repair Centre Report (Case ID ***): Replace Mainboard, ran stress test and all test passed, 2009/08/28

On return of the unit I noticed the back USB ports were no longer working and reported this straight away. I needed the unit though and sent it back only 2009/08/12 as it then also once again would not switch on again!!

Case ID: ***

No Repair Centre Report returned with unit so I do not know what was done exactly. Did they replace the mainboard gain? I do not know.

The back USB ports now worked. I did notice that at the bottom right edge of the screen there was a slight gap and the ‘band’ shifted up… hard to explain...

I paid this no attention at this point.

End 2010 (barely out of warranty) the screen was unstable at times. Mid May 2011 – the screen ‘died’ completely!! Upon investigating it was noted the unit worked with an external screen.

Contacted Acer to report. Not interested regarding previous repairs – it was now out of warranty and the quote to repair (replace) screen was around R2500. At that time I did not have those funds to have the unit repaired and put it away until I knew I had the funds.

March 2013 – I now had funds to have the unit repaired (screen replaced at R2500) and had a technician assess the unit.

Imagine my surprise when I was told that the MAINBOARD is unstable and needs to be replaced!!!

Again??

Unit still works with an external monitor but the mainboard needs to be replaced – not economical to repair I am told.

This unit is not even 4 years old yet!! And in fact it hasn’t been used in over a year! And considering it cost R12,000 plus one surely would have expected it to last a LOT longer!!!

Please advise!!

Many thanks

Regards

Andrea

[edited for privacy]

FAQ & Answers

• russellfarmrussellfarm Posts: 7Member

Dear Andrea, I have a Acer e-machine win 7 10.1 in screen , same issue ,just wont boot again after being repaired and warrenty expired ,

I think they bought a bunch of bad mother boards and the consumer now has to pay. Who said life isnt fair , anyway they were right. I have a cement wall outside and its looking mighty inviting. lol Good bye money. I feel your pain . AL. Smiley Happy

This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer

Drivers &
Manuals

Acer
Answers

Get Product Information
( only)

Acer Support
Videos