Report on Acer Extensa 5630G

Andrea_SA
Andrea_SA Member Posts: 1 New User

Report on Acer Extensa 5630G

Model EX5630G-662G32MN EM VB32ERZA2 MC

Serial number:***

Bought the above laptop from Leviathan Information Technology 2009/06/25 (rep Bradley ***)

Reported fault and sent to Acer 2009/08/26 – Fault: LT – Unit will not switch on

Repair Centre Report (Case ID ***): Replace Mainboard, ran stress test and all test passed, 2009/08/28

On return of the unit I noticed the back USB ports were no longer working and reported this straight away. I needed the unit though and sent it back only 2009/08/12 as it then also once again would not switch on again!!

Case ID: ***

No Repair Centre Report returned with unit so I do not know what was done exactly. Did they replace the mainboard gain? I do not know.

The back USB ports now worked. I did notice that at the bottom right edge of the screen there was a slight gap and the ‘band’ shifted up… hard to explain...

I paid this no attention at this point.

End 2010 (barely out of warranty) the screen was unstable at times. Mid May 2011 – the screen ‘died’ completely!! Upon investigating it was noted the unit worked with an external screen.

Contacted Acer to report. Not interested regarding previous repairs – it was now out of warranty and the quote to repair (replace) screen was around R2500. At that time I did not have those funds to have the unit repaired and put it away until I knew I had the funds.

March 2013 – I now had funds to have the unit repaired (screen replaced at R2500) and had a technician assess the unit.

Imagine my surprise when I was told that the MAINBOARD is unstable and needs to be replaced!!!

Again??

Unit still works with an external monitor but the mainboard needs to be replaced – not economical to repair I am told.

This unit is not even 4 years old yet!! And in fact it hasn’t been used in over a year! And considering it cost R12,000 plus one surely would have expected it to last a LOT longer!!!

Please advise!!

Many thanks

Regards

Andrea

[edited for privacy]

Answers

• russellfarm
    russellfarm Member Posts: 7 New User

Dear Andrea, I have a Acer e-machine win 7 10.1 in screen , same issue ,just wont boot again after being repaired and warrenty expired ,

I think they bought a bunch of bad mother boards and the consumer now has to pay. Who said life isnt fair , anyway they were right. I have a cement wall outside and its looking mighty inviting. lol Good bye money. I feel your pain . AL. Smiley Happy

This discussion has been closed.