Acer Aspire TC-1760 log in without creating ms windows11 account?

just purchased this desktop for our business. initial setup, was not able to get to the desktop without creating a windows account.

I had to use my own personal windows account. Is it possible to just boot the machine to the windows11 desktop without creating a microsoft account?

I don't want my personal ms account being used and I'd like it so anyone in the office can use the computer.

is this possible under windows11? I'm new to it and its very different.

Thank.

Answers

• Hi,

Yes, you can log in to a local account, go to Settings, click Account, click "Your Info", choose Sign in with a local account instead.

• a_west_wood
    a_west_wood Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

thank you!

Will this permanently remove all of my personal ms account information or does access still reside on the machine somewhere? I notice my personal email is still being shown even with the local account.

• No problem, if you want you can remove Microsoft Account from the PC, follow the instructions:

How to remove your Microsoft Account from Windows 11 - OnMSFT.com

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

You can actually do this from the beginning by doing the initial setup without connecting to the internet. That allows you to create a local account and bypass the whole Microsoft account thing.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • a_west_wood

Tinkerer

thanks i was able to create a local account and add a new ms account to this after a lot trials. Our office manager (cw) will use this computer. I created a ms account using her business email lets say its, cw@shaw.ca. This is the email she uses to log into her ms account to use their office products. This account has a password called lets say, "password". Everytime she turns the computer on now, she's greeted by "sign in" which she simply clicks on and it takes her to another screen asking her to create a windows PIN. I simply hit "X" and get rid of this window, but I see no option to get rid of this, but is there a way? I remember when she was logged in as a local account, it never asked her to create a PIN, just took her to the desktop. Now that she's signed in with a ms account it asks her for her ms account password and to create a PIN. Under "settings/accounts/ways to sign in/ there's nothing to tick to stop asking to create a windows PIN.

Also, despite deleting my personal ms account that I setup the computer with, I still find my personal account is dug into places. I just discovered OneDrive was still accessing my personal account called "vrpri" see attached photo. I've since unsyncd it, but when looking at the C:\Users\, i see the following folders:

Public\

vrpri\

Why is there no User cw folder? she's an administrator. All her app installs and their data files are now residing in the "vrpri" folder. it's like once you setup a computer initially with one ms account, that account is dug in there deep like a tick and removing it is so difficult. this has been very confusing. migrating her windows live mail from a different computer to outlook on this one will seem very confusing as all her app installs fall under the one other user folder |"vrpri"

• a_west_wood

Tinkerer

here is the file path to onedrive

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Uninstall One Drive.

Select the Start button, type Programs in the search box, and then select Add or remove programs in the list of results. Under Apps & features, find and select Microsoft OneDrive, and then select Uninstall. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

I just go to Control Panel . ALT -CTRL, Delete will get you there, then PROGRAMS and Uninstall One Drive