My Acer Nitro AN515-57 laptop screen randomly becomes shaky, multiplies & make glitches, please help

Options
pratikgs
pratikgs Member Posts: 53 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited December 2022 in Nitro Gaming

I have updated drivers of Intel & NVIDIA graphics. My laptop is Acer Nitro AN515-57, below is a image of screen. It happens randomly not very consistent in days. Just happen randomly

while browsing especially with MS edge. But happen once with brave browser. I tried clearing cookies & cached data too. Please help me out, what to do? My laptop is in warranty. Do anyone face the same problem?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,787 Pathfinder
    Options

@pratikgs

Just move the screen and check does this happens only when you move the screen, if yes than it could a wire connection problem which connects the screen.

Also just try to go to BIOS and check whether you have the same issue by pressing F2 repeatedly during startup of the unit

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • pratikgs
    Options

Do you mean to check the same problem happens in bios while seeing the menu? I haven't checked by moving the screen, once done I will let you know

• pratikgs
    Options

I tried, nothing happens. Its display or driver issue may be.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Can you tell me the bios version? There are several versions mentioning fixes for the display.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • pratikgs
    Options
  • Omar_Maged
    Omar_Maged Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 6
    Options

What was the issue?

My laptop (Acer nitro 5) is doing the same.

bought it a month ago.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 282
    Options

A slight flickering screen problem in your Nitro AN515-57 happens because of the Intel Iris Xe Graphics driver (that you don't need to update for your AN515-57 laptop) as that is what causes this problem.

1. Try entering boot menu and see if the screen flickers, stay in the menu for 5-10mins.
    2. Try connecting to an external monitor to see if that works all right.
    3. Try safe mode

The above steps will help you narrow down the issue if it's a driver that is causing the issue or your screen is going bad.