Aspire TC-176 desktop sd card slot dummy I can't access to look at my phots on my SD card collection

grandC18
grandC18 Member Posts: 3 New User

I purchase a new Ace desktop it so to support a SD card. It has a cover but I can't access to look at my phots on my SD card collection.

Can someone tell how to remove the cover as there is no were to pulll the tab out. It did say the computer has a sd card reader on the box.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,426 Trailblazer
    edited December 2022

Hi,

Could you please post the full model name of the desktop, in the meatime, press the cover inwards once and see whether it comes out, it could be a spring mechanism.

• grandC18

Hi sorry for late reply. I try pressing but nothing. The model is Aspire TC-1760-EB11, It said came with a SD card reader. now I did find a cable in the bag , I not sure what its for? Sorry its so large

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

The cable is for a add on SATA data connections. Maybe it could be used fora SD ??

Does your device Manager show a SD.

Try this video or others on You Tube.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

The fact that it is covered,leads me to beleive that it is NOT installed.

• Have you already checked these connections?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

If yours has the optional slots it will look like this:

#1 is the SD card slot…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • grandC18

yes this what the front looks like, but there no open sd slot

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    edited April 2023

Then you either don't have the SD card option or there is already a card in the slot and it makes the slot appear to not be there…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.