TC-895-UA91'S USB Keyboard can't control volume

Mikedrive
Mikedrive Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2022 in Windows 11

Not sure were my problem lies Keyboard cannot control volume any more I have 2 Identical TC-895-UA91'S Same problem on both

1. Swapped out usb Key boards on both no help.
  2. Deleted in DM HID keyboard pwroff on no diff.
  3. Reset HID no help

What am I missing?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• What is the laptop or is it a desktop model number and what OS are you using, as volume levels with keyboard keys Fn + and Fn - for volume levels especially within Win-11 can't be always controlled even with the taskbar main volume control, as it depends on the app and program that are running, as I've found out, as sometimes the volume control works or it doesn't. This happens to me all the time and with some apps and programs and even Windows Media player on my newish Nitro 5 AN515-56 with Win-11.

It's got nothing to do with your USB keyboard, as and if you try it with your laptops keyboard, its going to be the same. There are allot of audio drivers that control software in Win-10 and 11, try to refresh the audio drivers in Device Manager at Sound video and game controllers or update your drivers within this section, as that is all that you can do, as i've found out from personal experience.

• Mikedrive
    Mikedrive Member Posts: 2 New User
    1. 2 Identical TC-895-UA91'S Same problem on both. Both use win 11 Home 64, version 22H, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0
    2. Both computers have been fine since purchase Jan 2021.
    3. About last 1-2 months key boards worked finer except vol control was lost in both same time
    4. yes both ACER & Microsoft have been send me updates
    5. Tryed delete drivers in DM still no help.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer

Are you using the F keys directly or in concert with the Fn key?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.