Chromebook CB314-3HT PlayStore Not Available?

Options
CarlB930
CarlB930 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2022 in Chromebooks

I very recently purchased a Chromebook model CB314-3HT and I can't turn on PlayStore. Will PlayStore not work on this model?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

It should IIRC. What do you see when you attempt to open it?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • CarlB930
    Options

Play store isn't available when I click the launcher. When I go to setting to "turn on" PlayStore, it is grayed out and I am unable to turn it on. I have power-washed the Chromebook and still get the same results. When I look up "which Chromebooks have stable" this model of Acer isn't shown as one approved. So, I've concluded it isn't yet approved for Playstore. If that's the case, I'm not happy about this purchase. But, on the possibility I'm wrong I wanted to ask on this forum and see if anyone else knew differently.

• billsey
    Options

It should be compatible. Google stopped listing new models they were supporting with Android apps since all new Chromebooks are supposed to support it. Is there any chance you just aren't scrolling through all apps when you open the launcher? The grayed out thing sure sounds like it's already installed...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • CarlB930
    Options

I've carefully looked at the apps in the launcher area and it isn't there. When I attempt to turn on PlayStore in the Settings area, I see a link that says, Currently, the Google Play Store is available for only some Chromebooks. Learn which Chromebooks support Android apps."

That's where I see another link to the list. I guess I just won't have access to Playstore on this Acer model, which is very disappointing.

• billsey
    Options

That list only shows Chromebooks launched before 2019, any launched in 2019 or later are supposed to support it, and will have it installed in the default configuration. Your model is from 2022...