Fingerprint not working and It asked for PIN to logon but i forgot the PIN in Acer Swift 3 N20C12

Options
Ahsan090
Ahsan090 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2022 in Swift and Spin Series

Hi,

I bought Acer Swift 3 Model: N20C12. yesterday i was working on this laptop then i put the laptop on sleep and went to other work. Now today i opened the lid my fingerprint is not working and it asked to enter the pin but unfortunately i forgot the PIN so can u please guide how i can retrieve my PIN.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,975 Trailblazer
    edited December 2022
    Options

Unfortunately, you should have written down your pin as that pin really only needs to be a 4 digits pin (which aint too hard to remember😁) also, members can't advise and/or guide any other members on how to crack a pin and/or anything in regard to a bios mod or crack to do the same. this is one of the major Acer communities' forums conditions of use, sorry.

You will need to get into contact with Acer Support and ask their advice on how to get around this pin problem and why your fingerprint reader does not work as fixing a fingerprint reader is a major job that only Acer should do to a new laptop, as and if you attempt to do this fix then your warranty will be voided.

• William_mk2
    Options

@Ahsan090

I am able to see the screen shot. It shows pin on the black rectangular box. There is a option called sign in options below it.

Click on the sign options - There will be two icons one for pin and the other for pasword. Chose the password icon.

Now on the black rectangular box you can see password instead of pin.

While setting up the computer you might have set the password along with the pin. If you know the password you can type it. It will help you to login.

For further assistance..

If your laptop is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.   Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.  On the new page - scroll down - click on "contact support". Scroll down. You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

If it is out of warranty, please contact local store or

Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.  On the new page - scroll down - Click on "Repair My Acer" - Request to have your Acer product repaired.  There will be charges for repair. 

Additional info to contact Acer Store: Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.  You can buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories. Alternatively, on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.  For the parts which are not available on Acer store, you have to contact local store.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

If you are using a Microsoft account, you can go online and reset the PIN to something you can remember.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.