ACER ICONIA One 8. - Using original charge. No indicator lights displayed.

Options
Sweetcorn
Sweetcorn Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2022 in Tablets

Sirs,

A 'bottom drawer' find. Charged up when new but will not accept a recharge now. Using original charge. No indicator lights displayed. Help and guidance please.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,031 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Its the B1-850s battery that needs to be changed as these tablet batteries do deteriorate from being put away and not cycle charged. You need to take the this thing apart and change the battery first before you do anything more as the battery could even be swelled and ruined.

• Sweetcorn
    Options

HHi StevenGen,

Thank you for your quick and precise response. I have been inside to explore and the battery looks like new but I'll take your advice and replace with new.

Thank you once again and seasons greetings to you.

Sweetcorn

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,031 Trailblazer
    Options

My pleasure and very best season's greetings to you also and hope you get your tablet working as it should only be a power issue with these things when they are put away and not used, as their batteries deteriorate beyond charging, just like smartphones.

• Sweetcorn
    Options

Hi StevenGen,

Thank you for your help - new battery - up and running.

Please just give your thoughts and guidance to this please.

Trying to register for Acer ID and I get " "INCORRECT, server is unreachable."

What's that all about?

Thanking you in anticipation,

Sweetcorn024

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options

I believe that model is old enough they have probably taken it out of the registration system, or else you are trying to register in the wrong country.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sweetcorn
    Options

Thank you Gentlemen.

Perhaps this tablet is too old to be of great use now. I do notice that script is displayed in hieroglyphs and numbers in Roman. It wouldn't be so bad if it was displaying 'Wingdings' ; perhaps I could read that! lol.

Thanks again and seasons greetings.

Sweetcorn024

• anawilliam850
    anawilliam850 Member Posts: 56 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

Thank you StevenGen!