CP311-2H N17Q8 won't turn on. Battery replaced. Still black.

DrAshleyPT
DrAshleyPT Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2022 in Chromebooks

my model number is N17Q8. It wouldn’t turn on one day. I noted that when the charger was first plugged in it flashed orange. I opened it and unplugged the battery, left it for a while, then tried again and nothing. And the charger continued to not charge.

I replaced the battery. Now, the charger works correctly (initially solid orange, until charged, then turned solid blue). I disconnected the battery and held down the power button to discharge everything. Still won’t turn on.

this is my daughters Chromebook and the only thing that she had done differently was use her brothers charger a few times her charger is the newer usb-c type

suggestions on what to try next?? Thanks!!

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

Is her brother's charger for the same model? If not, what is the voltage and amperage?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DrAshleyPT
    DrAshleyPT Member Posts: 2 New User

No. Not the same. Her charger is the following:

input 100-240v. 1.5A. 50-60hz

output 5.0V- 3.0A, 15.0 W

his charger:

input 100-240v. 1.0A. 50-60hz.

output 15V -2A / 9V-3A / 5V-3A.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

If out of warrenty I'd probably remover the rear cover and tighten all connectors, just went through that with a CB315.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

Neither of those chargers sound correct, the stock charger is a 45W that provides 20V at 2.25A and 15V at 2.5A. Both of the others are too small to fully charge unless the laptop is turned completely off during charging (it will theoretically charge with 5V 3A, but not with it running since while running it can easily be pulling more current than that). Her charger should look something like this:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.