Acer Nitro 50 N50-620-UA14 Motherboard Manual? What key do I press at boot to change the boot order

PCer
PCer Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter
edited December 2022 in Nitro Gaming

Where can I find the Acer Nitro 50 N50-620-UA14 motherboard manual? (I'm not asking about the User Manual).

Also, I know pressing F2 at boot takes me to the BIOs.

What key do I press at boot to change the boot order. For example, I want to boot from a usb.

Thanks.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,780 Trailblazer

No motherboard manuals that I'm aware of except for sale by 3rd party mainboard schematic suppliers. However the overall mainboard layout is available as shown below.

As for entering the BIOS menu, usually tap DEL key on startup for desktops. Navigate with the arrow and enter keys as shown below. Sometimes an external USB mouse can navigate inside the menu. Select the BOOT option menu in left pane. Press to reveal the boot priority options in right pane. Or you can turn on the boot menu. This should allow you to choose the boot device you want on startup.

Jack E/NJ

• PCer

Jack,

Thanks for trying, but I don't believe the motherboard shown is the motherboard for the Acer Nitro 50 N50-620-UA14. Our motherboard uses 288 pin RAM and NOT the 240 noted. Unless, the Acer Care app and Crucial RAM scanner misidentified RAM.

• JackE

Yeah. Sorry. But looks more like a simple misprint to me. It happens. Specsheet suggests they're 288-pin desktop DDR4s. Not 240-pin DDR3s. The board layout itself still looks OK though.

Jack E/NJ

• PCer

OK. Thanks. However, I do wonder if anything else is wrong with the motherboard in the post above in regards to the N50-620-UA14. If one doesn't know/realize it may lead to a real disaster.

• PCer

I will say the SATA connections are tight to the hard drive cage.

Also, appears CPU fan housing comes into the RAM slot near the fan. I will know for sure when I install additional RAM.

• JackE

>>>> I do wonder if anything else is wrong>>>

Seems reasonable since no 100% guarantees on most things in this world, especially those in first edition/initial guides, manuals & specs. They rarely have followups to address any errors or omissions A big caveat almost always appears right up front---

Disclaimer

"The information in this guide is subject to change without notice. Acer Incorporated makes no representations or warranties, either expressed or implied, with respect to the contents hereof and specifically disclaims any warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose.. blah blah blah......."

Jack E/NJ

• PCer

Oh, yeah, another item that's wrong in the manual I downloaded. Manual indicates pressing F2 to enter BIOS. Not on my Nitro. I press DEL key at boot to enter the bios.

BTW, F12 = Boot Menu

• JackE

Yes. Mentioned that earlie yesterday >>>>"As for entering the BIOS menu, usually tap DEL key on startup for desktops.">>> Check the 2nd post again above in this thread for the BIOS menu you should be seeing. F12 on startup is usually the boot menu for laptops

Jack E/NJ