Mounting XB273U on monitor arm Is an adapter required?

Options
pawinda
pawinda Member Posts: 5 New User
edited December 2022 in Monitors

I want to switch from the Acer provided monitor stand to an Ergotron LX single monitor arm. When I remove the stand from the back of the monitor, I see four (4) screw heads in a 100X100 mm vertical and horizontal formation. Is the procedure to mount the arm to remove these four (4) screws and fasten the arm plate in these holes? Is an adapter required? Thank you.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answers

• pawinda
    Answer ✓
    Options

Just to be sure, remove the stand, remove the four (4) screws which frees the backplate, and then backplate. There are mounting screw holes beneath the plate. Is this correct?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, that is correct.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    edited December 2022
    Options

You need to remove the XB273Us back plate and stand as highlighted below and then attach the Ergotron LX single monitor arm, as these mounting plate/screw holes should be standardized and they will fit, it's a very simple process.

• pawinda
    Answer ✓
    Options

Just to be sure, remove the stand, remove the four (4) screws which frees the backplate, and then backplate. There are mounting screw holes beneath the plate. Is this correct?

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, that is correct.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • pawinda
    Options

Thanks for the fast response and support. Greatly appreciated.

• SteveSe
    SteveSe Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Please can I also get some help. I wanted to clarify the above. When removing the stand it comes away with the silver bracket that provides strength for the attaching of the stand to the monitor.

Then left, attached to monitor, there is another silver bracket. This is what the stand bracket attached he's to. There are also screws within the plate.

Does one remove those screws and attach the new monitor arm to these as they do align perfectly or

As I read the a ove post ALSO remove that bracket

In order to attach the new monitor.

Many thanks for anyone who can assist.

• billsey
    Options

Yes, that is correct. You remove the screws to remove the bracket and then either reuse the screws or use ones of a different length to attach the VESA mount.