Parts for very old notebook I need a power cord to start.

Dom303
Dom303 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2022 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks

I was hoping to find out if Acer or others have parts for an Acer anyware model: 1120NX

its a very old laptop/notebook from the 90’s I think

just want to get it up and running to see if I can.

are there any distributors that deal in classic computer parts? Perhaps Acer has old parts sitting in a warehouse somewhere? I need a power cord to start.

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,434 Trailblazer
    edited December 2022

Acer does not keep or support laptops of that old age, you will need to search the web and find an old model: 1120NX laptop (if you can find one?) have a look at this article on the AcerAnyWare 1120NX.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer

The power supply voltage and amperage should have been listed on one of the stickers, that's required both in the US and Europe and was back in the day as well. I believe your system is from either early 1992 or late 1991, I see PC World did a short article including it in Feb 92. The battery itself is a 9.6V, so I expect the charger will be something like a 12V, but it's best to look at the sticker. The next step once you find voltage and amperage is to look at the connector. For many years the connectors were always various sizes of barrel connectors, but those earlier models often had something quite different...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.