In the Windows 10 Logs email is being sent to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Why?

ClassActAwards
ClassActAwards Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

In the Windows 10 Logs for MeasuredBoot email is being sent to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx automatically and is bypassing the email client. I assume an internal email client.

What is the purpose of this? How can it be turned off?

[Edited comment to delete sensitive information]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

I'm not seeing it in mine, do you have the customer experience logging on?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jeffjanisse60
    jeffjanisse60 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2022

Thank you for responding so quickly. Very good question!

But, nope. I have not contacted Acer about anything so they would not be on my system. Below is a clip of the log MeasuredBoot.

I realize it is ASCII and cannot be pasted here, but this gives an idea of what I am seeing.

And yes, it is repeated in the log itself. Actually 3 times.

Again, thanks for your input.

[Removed Content]

[Edited comment to delete sensitive information]

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

As I said that text isn't in mine. Remember that the customer experience program is the default, you disable while doing the initial setup normally, or else it's turned on. My guess is that email is a catchall used to gather the data.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,555 Community Administrator

Hello ClassActAwards / jeffjanisse60

Thank you for your participation in the Acer community Forums. I sent you a private message asking for some information in order to escalate your question, please reply at your convenience.

Best Regards,

Acer-Ingrid