System cooling fan not run Acer aspire M5700

Kuen
Kuen Member Posts: 190 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
edited December 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Acer aspire M5700

Motherboard G45T AM2 V:1.0

This fan is screwed onto the inside of the back wall of the metal case. It does not spin now. Do not know when it stopped spinning.

How to get it turn, please?

Thank you.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Just replace the fan, it should plug into #24 here:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer

Just in addition to billsey advice above, this is the connections of the cpu and case fan plug at the mobo, check those and if they are working, here is the diagram of the connecting wires:

Also, for the case fan look at diagram of the mobo that billsey included above, and look at this list below at #24 as that is the mobo case fan plug, so check all the case fan plug and the mobo plug if they are working 100%

• Kuen
    edited December 2022

Thank you .

Refer to number 24 of the Main Board Placement as shown above, where does the power to this connector come from or which cable from the PSU supplies power to this connector?

What I have is not a complete computer machine or PC, but some leftover pars, such as CPU and RAM etc, from disused desktops. They are set up on top of a small table, without a case.

Only 3 cables from PSU are used for the set up mentioned above, the 24 pin cable, the CPU cable, and a peripheral cable having 3 SATA power connectors seems designed for optical drive, the shorter cable than the one for connecting hard drive(s). I know there is a cable having 4pin connectors for LED signal lights. I wonder the fan not spinning whether it is because the number 24 fan connector does not get power supply.

• Kuen

Thank you.

My CPU fan runs well. Only the system cooling fan does not run.

The following is what I replied to Mr. Billsey, and I repeat them to you because that is all I want to say.

Refer to number 24 of the Main Board Placement as shown above, where does the power to this connector come from or which cable from the PSU supplies power to this connector?

What I have is not a complete computer machine or PC, but some leftover pars, such as CPU and RAM etc, from disused desktops. They are set up on top of a small table, without a case.

Only 3 cables from PSU are used for the set up mentioned above, the 24 pin cable, the CPU cable, and a peripheral cable having 3 SATA power connectors seems designed for optical drive, the shorter cable than the one for connecting hard drive(s). I know there is a cable having 4pin connectors for LED signal lights. I wonder the fan not spinning whether it is because the number 24 fan connector does not get power supply.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

The fans are both 12V fans, so the 12V from the power supply is used for them. Typically those are yellow on the 24 pin connector and there will be more than one.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.