Monitor ghosting and purple/pink tint Nitro 5 how to fix this?

drdrvo
drdrvo Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2022 in Nitro Gaming

Hey yall! I have a 4 year old Nitro 5. I have a problem with my screen having purple tint to it. I've tried restarting it many times and playing around with graphics drivers but it hasn't helped. Another thing is that it has something that i think is what they call ghosting or screen burn in? The strange part is that while i was watching the world cup a few days ago, after about 40 mins into it, the stream was buffering and then the next second the monitor goes back to being perfectly fine. The colors were back to normal amd there was no ghosting until the next morning when it had that purple thing again. Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this?

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer

To make sure it's not the GPU, try to HDMI out to a TV screen. If the TV seems OK, then the LCD video cable connecters probably need to be re-seated a few times to help clean the contacts. Bottom cover has to come off to reach the mainboard connector. If that doesn't solve the problem, then the cable probably has conductor breaks -- usually in the hinge area --- from wear and tear of opening and closing the lid too much.

Jack E/NJ