i have acer v5 aspire 122p/0408 amd dual core processor a4 1250 1.0ghz. 0xc00000bb error code

Options
InfiniteFlux
InfiniteFlux Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

i have been trying to fix this for almost 1 month now.... i had windows 8 upgraded to 8.1 and then i purchased ram upgrade so i could upgrade further with windows 10. i didnt like 10 tho so i tried to revert back to 8.1 primarily cuz windows 10 had a stuttering glitch problem and it was annoying. after the rollback process was finished i restarted pc only to have more issues than before. my pc wont boot into windows now i have made 2 usb drives trying to get it to boot into windows. one is of 8.1 and the other drive is windows 10 and neither one will boot all the way into windows either. it did however get me farther into the right direction because when i tried to just boot with my hdd without the usb bootable drives it would just say no bootable device detected. with the usb it allowed me to get past that part..... but now it always leads to black screen with one single line at top left of screen saying .....BI Initialize library failed 0xc00000bb.... please anyone help me solve this issue

Best Answer

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

>>>i have made 2 usb drives trying to get it to boot into windows. one is of 8.1>>>

Did you use Microsoft's USB media creation tool?

Jack E/NJ

• InfiniteFlux

Tinkerer

Options

yes im using chromebook tho it is ny only other option to create recovery drive i changed iso to bin so it could be done successfully on chrome and i checked the files in the drives and everything seems to be in order... idk what im doing wrong

• JackE
    Options

Sorry, that's likely the issue. Even trying to convert the iso directly to a bootable installation stick with freeware tools inside the Windows environment often fails.

As you might guess, Microsoft wants everybody to make a boot-able Windows installation USB using their Windows creation tool from a Windows machine. Not somebody's else's tool. And especially not from a Google machine.

Do you have any acquaintances or friends with Windows machines that you can ask to use the Microsoft tool instead of being redirected to the iso? Might also work if you have any friends with Linux setups using the command line dd tool or GUI equivalents to Windows-only Rufus..

Jack E/NJ

• InfiniteFlux

Tinkerer

Options

sadly i do not... is there anyway possible to make this work... i have all files on recovery drive tho... so i figured it would be ok... i dont know what else to do... can i force a factory default setup maybe??

• InfiniteFlux

Tinkerer

Options

i can install linux on my chrome and im somewhat tech savvy so i could maybe get it working with a couple tips and hints perhaps..... its so frustrating lol.... i got acer to do automatic repairs few hours ago but now it just has acer logo with rotating load circle and hasnt done anything since. im guessing it is in bootloop right now, thought i got lucky but guess not.... im still trying tho

• JackE
    Options

>>>can i force a factory default setup maybe??>>>

If the hidden factory reset partition is still intact and accessible from the BIOS, you can try the ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset. The D2D & F12 options should both be enabled in the BIOS Main tab. Follow this video.

Jack E/NJ

• InfiniteFlux

Tinkerer

Options

when i was in my bios i noticed a blank description next to the asset tag number. does that affect anything or is it serious? also im not sure if the alt + f10 function is working...... i did it and im on acer logo now but instead of rotating load circle it now says please wait

• InfiniteFlux

Tinkerer

Options

oh actually now it has load circle and it also says please wait below acer logo

• InfiniteFlux

Tinkerer

Options

it just black screen now

• InfiniteFlux

Tinkerer

Options

ok i have options of rollback os or start windows 10 or i can hit tab button for memory test

• JackE
    Options

Try the rollback.

Jack E/NJ

• InfiniteFlux

Tinkerer

Options

just curious but i have a blank hdd never used... can i use it somehow to clean install windows?

• JackE
    Options

What's the blank HDD brand and model number?

Jack E/NJ

• InfiniteFlux

Tinkerer

Options

it a western digital brand like my other one thats currently in my acer. WD3200BEVT-11ZCTO...... it is 320 gb storage...slightly lower than my other but hey if it fix problem ithen im not complaining lol

• InfiniteFlux

Tinkerer

Options

Would you mind if I sent a few images of my info etc.

• JackE
    Options

>>>> WD3200BEVT-11ZCTO>>>>

Yes, should be fine. What info do you want to post?

Jack E/NJ

• InfiniteFlux

Tinkerer

Options

i shouldve took pic of this.... i just got to a screen after such long time of it just being an acer logo but i will try my best to recreate the screen myself ok it said top page -EDIT BOOT SETUP OF ROLLBAcK- then below it said -PATH WIN/EFI/32/MININT- then it had 2 slot with [xxxxxx] bars like this and below it said -PARTITION- with lots of numbers after it and then -WINPATH- with lots of numbers after it then finally it had a line saying NO EXECUTE/MININT/MVOGA or sumthin similar like that and said press enter to submit press esc to cancel.... i never got to this screen before and ive been going through lots of options.... is this good thing to get this on my screen? lol

• InfiniteFlux

Tinkerer

Options

btw... i already pressed enter... i hope it was right choice

• JackE
    Options

Sorry I don't know what you did in order to get these screen messages ---

1. Did you press ALT+F10 on startup?
    2. Did you press F12 on startup?
    3. Did you press F2 on startup?
    4. Did you have a Win10 installation USB inserted?
    5. Which HDD were you tryng to use?

Jack E/NJ