Gaming Acer Nitro 390Hz Gaming Monitor | XV252Q F 24.5 Inches FHD IPS Has anyone fixed this issue?

Deadmanx
Deadmanx Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited December 2022 in Nitro Gaming

So I have the Aopen version of this monitor, anytime I set it to 390hz OC I get black screen...goes off then on then off then on... Etc.

Has anyone fixed this issue? Is it the Display port cable? I have read quite a bit on this and still have yet to find a definitive answer. I do not get flickering like some do.. I just get almost like the monitor is out of range but it goes on and off intermittently

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• Deadmanx
    Deadmanx Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Problem Solved...

It has nothing to do with DP cable... You need to disconnect DP cable and Power cable from the monitor. Hold the power button for 30 seconds...plug the DP cable back in then the power (the order does not matter afaik this is just how i did it) When you power back up i noticed previously when i would select the OC setting i would then have to open the Nvidia control panel and select 390Hz under the change resolution drop down... THIS time as soon as I did the OC setting through the monitor i checked windows setting and it was already set to 390hz. I have had zero Black screen on and off's so to say.. ( i never had flickering background) THAT is the fix...

going in and out of games, browsing the internet and the previous issue that i had when switching to 390hZ is gone.