Is there a fix for keyboard issues with the R721T?

johnnap
johnnap Member Posts: 2 New User

We have been experiencing a problem with the number line on the keyboard for the R721T model. We have 2,500+ of these devices in our school district and have replaced hundreds of these keyboards that are just out of warranty. This has to be a known defect! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer

Send a PM to @Acer-Ingrid for possible recommendations.

Jack E/NJ

• iReyn
    iReyn Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm a newbie here. How does one send a direct message to @Acer-Ingrid? We are having the same issue with the R721T keyboards. TIA.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    edited February 2023

You can't send private messages as a newbie, but now that you have one post under your belt you are allowed. :) Just click on the link you created with her name then select the message button.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • cvangundy
    cvangundy Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm a newbie to this community. I work in the tech department at a school district and we too have many of the R721T Chromebooks exhibiting the number problem. Usually 5 & 6 work, but the others do not. I have had limited success with removing the battery and smoothing out the keyboard cable, but the problem returns. Apparently, https://community.acer.com/profile/Acer-Ingrid has the answer. Please message me as you have others. Thank you.

• JackE

She might not see this thread. Send a personal message by clicking on the message button in her profile page link

Jack E/NJ

• MrMangan
    MrMangan Member Posts: 2 New User

Is there a fix for this issue , I to work for a school and I am experiencing this same issue ,I have only 3 right now but concerned it continue on

• JackE
    1. 3 out of how many?
    2. Over what period of time?

Jack E/NJ