Top view of the motherboard of Acer Nitro 5 an515-55-554h

RedFoxLee
RedFoxLee Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2022 in Nitro Gaming

Hello. I accidentally broke one of the elements on the motherboard of the laptop and I would like to make sure that I did not do more damage, so please, if any of you have a photo of the motherboard of this laptop, please send it to me. especially when it comes to the place where the CPU cooler is attached. between the processor and the graphics card. from the top of the motherboard.Thank you in advance for your answer.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    edited December 2022

Here you go.

Jack E/NJ

• RedFoxLee

Oh i think my is different. There a difference between boards with other components? I have i5 10300h and rtx 3060.

Do you have a picture of this board? I have a photo of the damaged part. Unfortunately, I can't give a full picture because the laptop is being repaired.

• If your laptop is being repaired then let the tech repair i and see if can fix your laptop, as the above caption shows a few chips and some mobo traces that are stripped, which means nothing. If the tech can't fix it then you will have to buy a new mobo for your AN515-55s motherboard (this mobo is USD $675.00 which is not cheap) as and don't forget that parts for these newer Nitro laptops are very hard to get and the specific parts that are damaged on your mobo are not available from Acer.

• JackE

>>>Do you have a picture of this board? I have a photo of the damaged part. Unfortunately, I can't give a full picture because the laptop is being repaired.>>>

Yes, the top photo should in fact be the same mainboard irrespective of which integrated CPU/GPU or discrete GPU chips are soldered to it. If it's being repaired, why are we concerned about this?

Jack E/NJ

• RedFoxLee

I'm sorry, I'm just nervous about this. I tore off the smd board from the motherboard, which is operational and I wanted to find out if there is something missing here that would be irreplaceable. If I acted rudely, I sincerely apologize.

• JackE

>>>the laptop is being repaired.>>>

OK. Please let us know if you are satisfied after the repair is made. Thanks.

Jack E/NJ