What graphics card or other components would I need to be able to stream/record smoothly?

My current build lets me play Elden Ring (and just about any other game) quite smoothly but fails when it comes to recording. I understand upgrading your PC isn't always as simple as replacing the graphics card, though.

Pls help!

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE ACE Posts: 40,783 Trailblazer

What are you trying to record? If copyrighted stuff, it may use digital rights mgt (DRM) methods to discourage this.

Jack E/NJ
  • FourLeafClovisFourLeafClovis Member Posts: 2 New User

Looking to record gameplay, like any other twitch streamer or youtuber/content creator.

• JackEJackE ACE Posts: 40,783 Trailblazer

>>>My current build lets me play Elden Ring (and just about any other game) quite smoothly but fails when it comes to recording.>>>

If you mean it doesn't record/playback smoothly, the mechanical HDD even with a large cache is the likely bottleneck. If it was mine, I'd install a 1TB NVME SSD card before anything else. They can be 4-6x faster after the HDD's cache quickly fills up and runs out of room. I recommend the Western Digital Blue series or Crucial NVME cards since they are about the best deal on the planet right now.

Jack E/NJ