Acer Nitro 5 Keyboard not working reinstalling the driver doesn't work help

Options
MagicJungle7053
MagicJungle7053 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited December 2022 in Nitro Gaming

So it only works in Win Recovery and UEFI/BIOS and reinstalling the driver doesn't work help!!!

Im using onscreen keyboard so sorry for misspellings

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options

Bit of an odd one! does the caps lock turn on and off when you hit it?

Fact its working in the Bios means the hardware is ok, and a reinstall hasnt helped , so maybe its the settings of it? Under start -> keybaords does it show (most likley as a standard board) and is the language set to the same as the keyboard (most likley yes but worth asking)

And i know this wont return anything, but does the keyboard troubleshooter suggest anything which is wrong? (start -> troubleshoot keyboard)

• MagicJungle7053
    Options

nope and it says the driver cant start but the power button is responding

• MagicJungle7053
    Options
  • Leostat
    Options

Power button will be a different style of key to the rest o the board, was that a nope to the caps lock?

If you drop into safe mode does it work? (start -> advanced start up )

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

What is the computer model? When you connect an external keyboard, does it work in windows?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MagicJungle7053
    Options

no external keyboard is not working and safe mode doesnt work

• MagicJungle7053
    Options

model is an515-55-51

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

So, if the problem also occurs when connecting an external keyboard, it might just be a windows issue. Have you tried to reinstall windows by pressing alt+f10 before the acer logo?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MagicJungle7053
    Options

my internet is kinda dodgey tho

• MagicJungle7053
    Options

do u have a keyboard driver for this laptop?

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

No! The driver is Microsoft standard.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MagicJungle7053
    Options

okay but what do i do now?

• Leostat
    Options

Would you feel comforatable booting into a live USB like ubuntu just to see if it works? it sounds like the windows install is foobard, but to check, would need to boot into another os

• MagicJungle7053
    Options

any isos under 2gb for linux?

• MagicJungle7053
    Options

nvm found 1

• Leostat
    Options

http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/ tiny distro usless for everything but troubleshooting :)

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Try reinstalling windows by pressing alt+f10 before the acer logo.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer