Acer Nitro AN515-43 using 10gb of hardware reserved ram

Drarck
Drarck Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi, as the title says i'm using 10.1gb of reserved hardware ram and I have no idea why.

It would seem that is my GPU that is doing that (I think) as shown in the next image

The problem is that my bios doesn't have an option to change this and the support online is little no none.

It's worth mentioning that I have the latest BIOS update and that this problem started when I swtiched some ram sticks, but now they are as they were when everything worked fine.

Any help or support would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Hi,

Open System configuration, move to Advanced options, check whether you have a tick mark in the box for Maximum memory, if you have, untick it, if you don't have a ticked box, tick and see whether it helps.

You can also try removing the RAM modules, wipe the pins without bending with a soft cloth and reinstall them.

• Drarck

Tinkerer

I also have this paging file. Thing is I don't know how to change it so it doesn't generate more errors than what it solves.

• I have seen this problem reported in AMD based systems, do you feel it distrupts the normal function of the laptop? I think the memory resrved for hardware will be released whenever you run out of memory for normal use of the system, as for the virtual memory, I prefer to leave that to the system to decide how much RAM it allocates, but if you want to try changing the pagefile size, remove the tick from the box for "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" and enter the new values underCustom size.

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder

Is it the stock ram? It sometimes happens if of of the ram sticks isnt fully steated so it reads but cant do anything with it, try removing / re seating the ram to see if that brings it back

• Drarck

Tinkerer

Yeah, it is the stock ram and the other stick is 2400mhz too. Changing/moving/re seating the rams have no effect whatsoever.

One big thing it may have correlation with, is that my pc won't boot unless I enter and exit the bios, otherwise it just freezes seconds after turning it on. Moving rams also have the same effect as if I entered the bios and exited, letting me boot my pc with no problem, it only lasts 1 boot tho.

I really hope it isn't hardware malfunction.

• Drarck

Tinkerer

Yeah, I usually have problems with running out of memory, the reserved memory hasn't been released one bit.

• Ashton111
    Ashton111 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hey I was wondering if you figured anything out? I’m having the exact same issue with my Acer nitro 5. If I don’t turn off and on fast boot in bios it will freeze on startup and I noticed that there is 10 gb of hardware reserved ram. Did you find anything that helped you fix the issue. My email is awmschroeder1217@gmail.com. Let me know if you found anything that works.

• barosso
    barosso Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

Anything new on this questions because I am having exactly the same issue. Please if someone found a solution I would like to know as well. :/

Exactly the same on my computer too, only difference is I installed 8gb 2666mhz ram but my stock ram is also 8gb 2666mhz. So it should be working. But I don't know what is the problem? my bios version? my ram slot? or ram?