Upgrading from the WD PC SN520 to a 2TB NvME SSD Has anyone had any issues using the Sabrent

Options
OutbackIdaho
OutbackIdaho Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Had my TC-885-UA92 for well over a year now. Did have issues with space, and added a 1TB internal SSD which has worked wonders. Popped open the case one and thought the OEM mobo SSD was a short mini-SSD. Then did some looking around, the WD 512GB SN350 NVMe is not a mini, but a full sized NVMe. Have a Sabrent (EC-SSD2) that supposedly clones NVMe M.2 SSDs with offline cloning. And found a deal on a 2TB NVMe that is on its way.

Has anyone had any issues using the Sabrent (EC-SSD2) to clone NVMe SSDs?

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• OutbackIdaho
    OutbackIdaho Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I seen this system on Amazon, and people gave it so-so reviews. I watch videos, play GW2, EQ2, and it has done well. Have edited 360° videos and photos with it, and the only thing that slows it down is Corel's PhotoShop when using AI's. Think it's more of it kicking the graphics card into gear.

Over the year I did upgrade the video card to a Gigabyte GV-N1030OC-2GI GT 1030, added a Samsung 1TB SSD, and applied two 5 inch fans to the side case opening during the summer to add to cooling. Has been a top notch system for a so-called budget system.

Do however wished the motherboard had more expansion slots. I did use an older Asus WiFi card with external antennas only because it works well for gaming and does 5 GHz far better than the onboard Intel WiFi does.Adding the video card did eat up the slots, and had to use a ribbon to install the WiFi card with minimal modification and adding a stand-off. The CPU has been far more than I ever thought I needed. Great system, just a tad cramped on storage space. Oh, and the PSU I wished had a decent upgrade. Why did Acer not use a 500 watt PSU??

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

The TC-885 models are really targeted at the lower end desktop market, hence the cheaper power supply. The bulk of those customers don't do any sort of upgrading, just keep using it as is until it gets too old and slow, then they buy another in the same market section. You are doing a good job with your upgrades, but you might end up having spent more money in total than just buying a bit higher end machine in the first place.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.