Predator Sense won't work on Predator Helios 300 - PH315-52-78VL

GOAT
GOAT Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

The app was continually working on background, however it wouldn't open.

I did a factory reset on my PC, tried going back to windows 10, tried all the solutions on the forums, to no avail.

Also tried deactivating all of my antivirus software, alas, nothing changed.

At this point, it is impossible to r

einstall the app, for some reason. I try running the Predator Sense Setup program, but it does not open.

Honestly, after 3 afternoons trying to solve this, I just feel like buying a new computer, from some other brand, and talking ***** about acer for the rest of my life, because, even though I may be terribly wrong, this feels like planned obsolescence.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi! Have you tried to reinstall windows by pressing the alt+f10 keys before the acer logo?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi! Have you tried to reinstall windows by pressing the alt+f10 keys before the acer logo?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • GOAT

Tinkerer

Trying that right now. Have not used that method of windows reinstallation. Should I go back to Windows 10, or remain on 11?

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Uninstall the Predator app from Start Screen and then the service from Control Panel. Then reinstall it and check. The setup should start though and give you some error code/message if it doesn't work.

Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • GOAT

Tinkerer

• GOAT

Tinkerer

Nothing worked. It is unninstalled, however, no error messages appear. I simply cannot install it again.

• XdxD

Ok. So, what happens if you do Alt+F10 reset? Like all Acer apps get reinstalled? If not, do a clean reinstallation of Windows 10 and install all the drivers from your model's support page. First install the Serial I/O driver and then install all the remaining ones. Then install Acer Care Center and check if it recognizes your model correctly, aka Predator PH 315-52 in your case. Next, install Quick Access. Then run Windows Update and let it install all the updates. Reboot when it asks and then make an image backup. Next, install Predator Sense. Check if it installs successfully or not.

• GOAT

Tinkerer

Just like the predator sense app, none of the other apps will run correctly. They ask for the permisison to run, and even with my permission nothing happens.

• XdxD

Tried the clean install way?

• GOAT

Tinkerer

Going to do so later today. Later tomorrow I will come to tell if it worked😁