Which Windows 10 to install error message "Make sure all files required for installation in Nitro 5

nedaho2006
nedaho2006 Member Posts: 9 New User
edited December 2022 in Windows 10

I got a big problem, I was trying to clone the m.2 drive on my Nitro 5 to the installed SSD and mistakenly used the SSD as the source making the laptop now useless as i cannot find the correct Windows 10 to install. I downloaded the windows 10 iso from Microsoft installed it to a USB using Rofus but it keeps stopping at 58% with this error message "Make sure all files required forinstallation are available....0x8007025D. Please help someone i need my laptop working again....im not even sure if i have the correct setting for the BIOS

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,209 Overclocked Contributor WiFi Icon
    edited December 2022

What is the exact model name? Example AN515-56-50HK.

See this link for possible solutions for Error Code 0x8007025D.

You can also create a bootable USB flash drive with Windows Media Creation Tool.

To boot from USB, enable F12 Boot Menu in the BIOS.

If you use Rufus, disable Secure Boot in the BIOS.

How to prepare USB flash drive with Rufus.

• nedaho2006

Ive been doing all of that, spoke with an Acer rep who told me I need a recovery media to reinstall windows on my laptop, doea anyone know where i can get one ?

AN515-53

In Rofus it wont switch to FAT32.

• wascas

Acer recovery medium is not available in all countries. It is available in US/CA and GB.

https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/129-acer-recovery-media

https://store.acer.com/en-gb/e-recovery

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

You shouldn't need to go with the recovery media route, though that will give you all the various utilities that came with the system originally. How are you downloading and installing your Windows 10? You should be able to use either the Media Creation Tool or Rufus as suggested. Are you sure the flash drive is both large enough and working?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • nedaho2006

billsey

have installed win 10 on a 16gb flash drive using both rofus and the media creation tool and in both instances it starts to do the install then stops at 60% and then the same error message.....im soo frustrated and

wascas

in your rofus photo for GPT partition i cannot get the FAT32 option

Thanks to both members for taking the time to try and help me....

• wascas
    edited December 2022

in your rofus photo for GPT partition i cannot get the FAT32 option

The Rufus photo shows W10 installation. If you want to create a bootable USB flash with Windows 11 ISO, you can only choose NTFS.

• nedaho2006

I was using windows 10 64bit and couldnt get that option

• wascas

I was using windows 10 64bit and couldnt get that option

Just tested with W10 and Rufus 3.21. No problems with 16 GB USB flash 2.0. I can choose FAT32 option.

Did you take the latest version of Rufus (3.21)? Did you try another USB stick?

• nedaho2006

Will try your suggestion....

• billsey

Have you tried redownloading the Windows 10 ISO from the Microsoft site, you might have a corrupted image...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • nedaho2006

I had a friend install Win 10 Pro for me, he had to use his original dvd....thanks

• billsey

Your activation key is likely for Home, not Pro, so you might have to change versions back to Home or pay for the Pro upgrade in order to keep it working.

• nedaho2006

i have a registered Win 7 pro and used that....however, my touchpad isnt working even tho i installed the I/O driver first then the Elantech driver, any ideas ? I have to be using an external mouse....not very kool

• nedaho2006

Ive uninstalled the touchpad from Device manager, insalled Synaptic, removed the touchpad cable and reinserted it, locked it in place and it still no working....any suggestions

• billsey

Download from the Acer site and reinstall the chipset drivers, then the serial IO drivers. Then open Device Manager and see which touchpad your system has, install only the Synaptics or ELANTECH drivers. When you are done with all that do a final reboot and open Device Manager and show us any errors or warnings.