Chromebook Spin 713 goes blank in different locations

Steveohara1
Steveohara1 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2022 in Chromebooks

Hello, maybe someone has had this issue as it has happened to me on two different trips to Costa Rica.

First my cursor disappeared but I could use the touchscreen to function; then my touch screen stopped functioning and the screen intermittently went black, then it stayed black but the keyboard backlight was on...then it would function, sans cursor, intermittently but briefly.

Back in the USA the CB Spin 713 mysteriously functions again perfectly.

Any thoughts?

Thank you, Steve O'Hara

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    edited December 2022

Should function fine on battery alone. Plug the charger in only when its off and you're not using it.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Did it have internet connectivity when the issue was appearing?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Steveohara1

Yes, we have a very strong internet connection in Puerto Jimenez, thank you for asking, for considering my conundrum

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

>>>Back in the USA the CB Spin 713 mysteriously functions again perfectly.>>>

Sounds like the charger's isolation circuitry can't tolerate heavier mains pollution than usually found in the US. Probably clean enough output for battery charging but too dirty to run the system connected.

Jack E/NJ

• Steveohara1

very interesting, I will be cognizant of that, thank you

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

It would be worthwhile to verify that by connecting to a UPS when the problem is evident, though that might not be easy to arrange...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.