Is this a hardware issue? Acer XB273K GP randomly dimming and flickers

MaxGarridan
MaxGarridan Member Posts: 3 New User

I have an Acer XB273K GP and it was working fine. I'm running windows 10 3090 dual display no issues on other display. I noticed the issue shortly after installing NVIDEA drivers for Call of Duty MW II. I reverted NVIDEA drivers but issue still exist. If I change the resolution enough times it eventually fixes itself sometimes.

Troubleshooting:

Different cable ( Currently on Display Port ) Issue persist with HDMI

Replaced cable

Disconnected all cables and held down power button for 30 seconds (Static Troubleshooting step from another forum post)

Reinstalled Acer Drivers

Tried Night light option (Forum Post Troubleshooting)

Disabling HDR (Forum Post Troubleshooting)

Different Hz speeds (Forum Post Troubleshooting)

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,477 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

>>>One thing i've notice is if the monitor is on for a while the issue goes away.>>>

Sorry. This likely suggests a hardware issue. Either cracked solder joints on the boards that expand warmed up to bridge gaps. Or board & screen connectors need to be re-seated a few times to help clean their contacts.

As you might guess, disassembly is rather unpleasant. Is it still under warranty?

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE

>>>Issue persist with HDMI>>>

What happens when you HDMI out to a TV set?

Jack E/NJ

• MaxGarridan

No issue when I HDMI out or Display Port out to another TV or monitor. One thing i've notice is if the monitor is on for a while the issue goes away. But returns the next day upon turning on my pc.

• JackE
    Answer ✓

>>>One thing i've notice is if the monitor is on for a while the issue goes away.>>>

Sorry. This likely suggests a hardware issue. Either cracked solder joints on the boards that expand warmed up to bridge gaps. Or board & screen connectors need to be re-seated a few times to help clean their contacts.

As you might guess, disassembly is rather unpleasant. Is it still under warranty?

Jack E/NJ

• MaxGarridan

Unfortunately it isn't under warranty.

• JackE

>>>One thing i've notice is if the monitor is on for a while the issue goes away>>>

Sorry. If it was mine, I'd live with this until warmup times got too long or didn't work any more. Pulling it apart --- even if only to re-seat connectors --- is major surgery. Too much risk for causing fatal collateral damage trying to manipulate these connectors.

Jack E/NJ

• AidenZzzzz
    AidenZzzzz Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2022

I've had the same issue, the only temporary solution is to turn the display brightness below 20 and turn off HDR on the monitor. If I turn the display brightness above 74 exactly, it will cause the same issue. If the brightness exceeds 20, it works fine for a period of time but it will eventually cause this issue.

Definitely a hardware issue, terrible product, return it if you still can

Hope it helps