Problem with audio I tried to transmit on the Asp 5 the sound cut out on aspire 5

TeeaitchTeeaitch Member Posts: 2 New User

I changed a while ago from an Aspire 3 to an Aspire 5. I need to use Zoom to teach music - all the sound settings worked fine on Asp 3, but as soon as I tried to transmit on the Asp 5 the sound cut out . I use a video camera with a built-in microphone. All the Zoom settings were set up correctly for original sound. I unplugged everything from the Asp 5, reconnected the Asp 3 - all OK again, leading me to believe that there is an audio setting somewhere on the newer model whichn is causing the problem. I've tried with 'enhanced sound' in the properties drop-down, ticked and unticked - no difference. What am I missing?

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

FAQ & Answers

• billseybillsey ACE Posts: 26,322 Trailblazer

When you first plug a headset in the audio software asks you what it is. If you choose headphones instead of headset it disables the microphone. Use the Realtek Audio application to change that setting to headset.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.