Acer Nitro N50-620 upgrade options My question is what kind of upgrades can i do on this pc?

CaptainD00M
CaptainD00M Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2022 in Nitro Gaming

specs:

Intel Core i5-11400F

Nvidia GTX 1660S (Super) 6gb

512 SSD

16gb DDR4

psu: 500W

My question is what kind of upgrades can i do on this pc?

I know that i can upgrade the M2 ssd with 1 more ssd chip.

I know for a fact that the gpu will be lacking in a few years i had plans to upgrade to RTX 3060ti or 3080.

Will be PSU be able to hold with just puny 500w? can i swap out the psu or is it like the motherboard, something that Acer made and can't be swapped out just like that. I am open/looking for suggestions

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,300 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

There are allot of option to upgrade your Nitro desktop and it all depends on your budget and how far you want to go? As and if you want to utilize most of the components like case that you have you will be restricted with the PSU which is this desktops weakest link for upgrade as its only a 500W and the new RTX GPUs need more than that.

What I would do is this and upgrade the following:

CPU - upgrade to the I7 11700 – this cpu is fitted by Acer to the top N50-620s

CPU Cooler – Noctua NH-U9S chromax.black as cpu cooler will fit into this desktop's spaces

RAM – max 64 GB ram upgrade to 2x 32GB DDR4-2666 • CL=19 • NON-ECC • UDIMM • 288-pin • 1.2V • 2Rx8 • PC4-21300 (also do the Crucial System Scan as suggested above)

GPU – first you need to measure your spaces as you are restricted by this factor, as the RTX3080 needs a suggested PSU of 700W (triple fan) is huge and will not fit into this case and its the same with the RTX3060Ti (triple fan) needs a PSU of 550W then you need to upgrade the PSU

PSU – measure your existing 500W PSU and upgrade according to what the GPU you will upgrade to

Case fans – upgrade to Noctua 92mm case fan NF-A9 PWM or NF-A9 5V PWM

Answers

• @CaptainD00M

I would like to provide some additional info which will really help you. 

Kindly go through the details given below. The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website given below. There is an option to "start your scan " and " select your computer " . Please chose the options and try it. It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Note: If you decide to buy you can always compare the prices by visiting other websites or stores and then you can decide. We are providing the info of scan app just to show you the upgrade options. You can even download similar scan apps from other memory upgrade websites too.      

To check the compatibility of ram which you can use on your computer.. Get CPUz and check it with that in SPD section of all the RAM and specs that you have, its a quick and simple way to check all OEM specs and what you have in your system. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• @CaptainD00M

Kindly go through the details captured from service manual designed for your computer.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Picture 5

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• StevenGen
    Answer ✓

There are allot of option to upgrade your Nitro desktop and it all depends on your budget and how far you want to go? As and if you want to utilize most of the components like case that you have you will be restricted with the PSU which is this desktops weakest link for upgrade as its only a 500W and the new RTX GPUs need more than that.

What I would do is this and upgrade the following:

CPU - upgrade to the I7 11700 – this cpu is fitted by Acer to the top N50-620s

CPU Cooler – Noctua NH-U9S chromax.black as cpu cooler will fit into this desktop's spaces

RAM – max 64 GB ram upgrade to 2x 32GB DDR4-2666 • CL=19 • NON-ECC • UDIMM • 288-pin • 1.2V • 2Rx8 • PC4-21300 (also do the Crucial System Scan as suggested above)

GPU – first you need to measure your spaces as you are restricted by this factor, as the RTX3080 needs a suggested PSU of 700W (triple fan) is huge and will not fit into this case and its the same with the RTX3060Ti (triple fan) needs a PSU of 550W then you need to upgrade the PSU

PSU – measure your existing 500W PSU and upgrade according to what the GPU you will upgrade to

Case fans – upgrade to Noctua 92mm case fan NF-A9 PWM or NF-A9 5V PWM

• StevenGen

The SG is only available to ranked members and we can only pass appropriate information and not the whole SG.

• Tmannn
    Tmannn Member Posts: 1 New User

What graphics card can we upgrade too that are compatible with this build