What should i do with No Bootable Device Message?

oskarsz
oskarsz Member Posts: 3 New User

Today I have run into a problem - my notebook TravelMate Spin B showed no bootable device message. I have tried finding solution in the internet and i found a solution saying I need to go into BIOS, Enable F12 Boot Menu and switch from UEFI to Legacy mode. Unfortunetly when i go to Boot Menu, boot priority order is empty and i only have and Secure Boot option, as it is on the photo. In the iformation page I can see HDD model presume it is not a problem with disk, what should I do?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,460 Trailblazer

Does the boot drive show up in the BIOS iNFORMATION tab?

Jack E/NJ

• oskarsz

No, it doesn't.

• JackE

The PS3111 is the HDD's own internal controller and can no longer access the disk. Probably a head crash. Sorry, the HDD should be replaced. New 1TB HDDs are less than $50 usd. I suggest the WesternDigital Blues series. You will have to re-install Windows using Microsoft's USB media creation tool at this link You might even be able to recover some personal files from the old drive by connecting it to a USB port with an inexpensive USB-to-HDD/SSD adapter. Less than $10usd.

Jack E/NJ

• PS3111 indicates that it is a firmware issue on the kingston a400 ssd. You can try flashing the firmware:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE

The PS3111 controller also in HDDs. So replacing the drive --- whatever it is --- is still probably the easiest/cheapest/reliable option.

Jack E/NJ

• oskarsz

Thank you very much for the help!!!