Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51-55WL Wifi 6e upgrade?

Majik2099
Majik2099 Member Posts: 2 New User

I was wondering if the AX210NGW Wifi 6E card (https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Bluetooth-Tri-Band-5400Mbps-Network/dp/B09WQSNMCT/ref=sr_1_3?crid=LVO62Q159955&keywords=210ngw&qid=1669452351&s=electronics&sprefix=210ngw%2Celectronics%2C119&sr=1-3) would work in a Acer Nitro 5 model AN515-51-55WL? I have already upgraded the ram (32gb 2666mhz), The boot drive (1tb Silicon Power NVME drive), added a SSD (1tb 3.5 Silicon Power SSD), and 120hz panel so the wifi card is really the only other thing that can be upgraded. BTW this laptop was bought used so it didn't have any warranty on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• @Majik2099

Kindly go through the details from the link given below

Kindly go through the details captured from service manual designed for your computer.

It support 802.11b wifi 1, 802.11a wifi 2, 802.11g wifi 3, 802.11n wifi 4 and 802.11ac Wifi 5

It doesnt support 802.11ax wif 6 and wif 6e

It doesnt support 802.11be - wifi 7

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Majik2099
    Majik2099 Member Posts: 2 New User

Unless I'm mistaken but isn't referring to the wifi module that's already installing in it by default? I'm asking if the AX210NGW would work in the AN515-51-55WL.

• @Majik2099

I am discussing about the wireless adapter which is present inside your motherboard. There are two types of adapter which helps you to go online wirelessly. The first one is the wireless adapter which is present iniside your motherboard. It is responsible for you to go online wirelessly. Unforturnately your motherboard doesnt support wifi6 based on the specfications present on the manual designed for your computer.

The second adapter is the external usb wifi adapter. If the internal adapter is gone bad or if people are using a old computer where they dont have wireless facility on their computer especially desktop computers , so people tend to buy external usb wifi to access wireless on their computer.

In your case since your motherboard doesnt support wifi 6 you will not be able to use the internal and external wifi which support wifi 6. Unless or otherwise if it is backward compatible to wifi 5 or wifi 4 or wifi 3 you can purchase and use it on this computer.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru

i have AN515-43 and have upgraded mine with AX200 NGW which works out of the box, I don`t see any reason why AX210 would not work.

Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158