Need to know if my Predator Helios 300 (PH315-53-72XD) has a PCIe 3.0 or 4.0 information

Options
Ambrosia1
Ambrosia1 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2022 in Predator Laptops

Hi. I bought my Predator at Christmas time in 2020. It came with 512 GB NVMe SSD. It's been fine for awhile, but I am adding more games and would like to increase my storage space. I'm trying to find the PCIe information so I can buy the correct drive. The SSD I am looking at is PCIe 4.0. Although it is backwards compatible to 3.0, I don't want to buy it if it isn't what I need. It seems that would be a waste of money. The memory stick I am looking at to purchase is:

SK hynix Platinum P41 1TB PCIe NVMe Gen4 M.2 2280 Internal SSD

Will it work?

I did search here, looked in the manual, did searches online--but I could not find the PCIe information. Perhaps my eyes are not attuned enough to stats to see it and I overlooked it. But at this point I'm going cross-eyed looking. Please help.

Also, this might be a silly question, but I am a newb at this stuff, having never upgraded anything before. I am looking to buy a 1 TB drive. It's ok to place it in the open slot along with the 512 GB drive that is already installed, right? Or do I have to match the memory size of the installed drive?

I appreciate your help. Thanks.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Ambrosia1

Kindly go through the details captured from service manual designed for your computer.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options

PCIe3. You should be able to install up to 2TB in any single M-key socket without issues. The best PCIe deals right now are 1TB m.2 NVMEs like the WesternDigital Blue or Crucial .2 series. Less than $75usd Perfect for your machine.

Jack E/NJ

• Ambrosia1
    Options

Thank you so much, Jack. Greatly appreciated!

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Ambrosia1

Kindly go through the details captured from service manual designed for your computer.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Ambrosia1
    Options

Thank you, William. I appreciate it.