Graphics card for Aspire TC-895 for 60HZ How much difference performance will see in graphics card?

Options
Jeff149B
Jeff149B Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

I have the TC-895 Core I5 -10400 COY @ 290Gz, Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630, 12 GB ram, running WIndows 10 Home.

I just bought a Philips 4k, 32" monitor max 60HZ with my AMATEUR understanding that 60 HZ is better than 30, and that the Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 could run 60HZ. It's connected with the Philips-supplied HDMI cable. I've tried a second higher end HDMI cable and no change. I think I understand that the TC895 only outputs HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 is required for 60HZ.

Looking at my driver settings, I'm only running at 29.HZ with no option for 60HZ. Driver Version 26.20.100.7926 2/25/2020 which is with my AMATEUR understanding the most recent available version. I watch movies on Netflix and Amazon prime, videos on Youtube, then a mix of desktop Amateur photo editing, database, and text work. I do not game.

How much difference in monitor performance will I see by adding a graphics card?

One poster here said Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5 128 Bit PCI-E Graphic Card (GV-N105TD5-4GD) was an easy plug and play install, no new power supply required.

Any opinions/suggestions?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

The Intel UHD Graphics 630 will support even 144Hz monitors so don't worry about the UHD630 supporting your 60Hz monitor but, you will get a tremendous amount of performance and image quality gain if you add an additional and best suited GPU card that the TC-885 came oem with from Acer, which are these cards:

But imo remember this, that your graphics card is the single most important piece of hardware for gaming and editing and general usability of all types. You will never be able to enjoy gaming/editing or any HD applications without a good GPU card. This is just my opinion, so take it for what it is, as and with the TC885 I would upgrade your desktop to the EVGA GeForce GTX 1650 Super SC Ultra Gaming, 4GB GDDR6 type gpo card as this manufacturer is known for making a well proven gpu card that has all the appropriate thermals and padding for a card that runs cool and to its peak performance and very rarely overcooks or burns out, I'm telling you this from opinions of many technicians that repair and know much more than what I do about gpu cards😁good luck and hope this helps you out.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>I'm only running at 29.HZ>>>One poster here said Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 Ti>>>

Yes, the output ports max out about 30Hz at 4096x2160 resolutions. If dropped to 1920x1080, then you may get 60Hz but won't fill the screen as well.

If you have the 180watt power supply, then yes the 1050ti should work fine. If you have the 300watt supply, then the 1660ti would be ideal.

Jack E/NJ

• Jeff149B
    Jeff149B Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Again, I have the TC-895 Core I5 -10400 COY @ 290Gz, Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630, 12 GB ram, running WIndows 10 Home.

After waaaaaaaaaaaayyyy too many hours trying to learn what MAKES SENSE for my limited use (movies on Netflix and Amazon prime, videos on Youtube, then a mix of desktop Amateur photo editing, database, and text work) I do not GAME beyond solitaire but may do a little some day., I am about to buy a new ASUS GeForce GTX 1650 4GB Phoenix Fan Overclocked Edition HDMI DP DVI Graphics Card (PH-GTX1650-O4G). for $168 on Amazon. I realize this is waaay less than most cards. My priorities are ease of use/install and quiet operation.

Is there ANY reason to suspect this card will not be plug and play. I have checked the physical dimensions and it easily fits and will not overpower my 300 watt power supply. So my VERY AMATEUR concern is if the pins are right for the socket/slots. Or any other incompatibility issues ? Thanks for helping a newbie.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options

Should be fine. It's a standard PCIe graphics card that should slip into that standard PCIe graphics socket with ease. But not 100% PnP guaranteed if that's what you need before taking the plunge. Better than even chance it is. But if it isn't, Amazon has a pretty good returns policy. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Download the video drivers from NVIDIA first, just to remove any potential hassles during the install. Typically it will come up as a Basic Video Controller and then do the driver install later, but if you have the drivers handy you can just go ahead and install them, then reboot to get it fully up.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.