Helios 300 -BSOD- the issue is while now, every time try to play a game, I get blue screen

Options
Stauns_7
Stauns_7 Member Posts: 20 Networker
edited November 2022 in Predator Laptops

hello people, I have a Helios 300 2019 and I am having this issue for a while now, every time I try playing a game I get the blue screen :( after a while of playing. I have tried most the fixes online, the drivers update, the CMD scans, the memory diagx (no issues found) and the reseating of memory sticks. It wasn't always like this though, this issue came about 1 and half year of use. PLEASE HELP (:

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,618 Trailblazer
    Options

The fans, thermal ducts and heatsink paste should be cleaned and paste replaced annually as regular maintenance for heavily used gaming machines. Or they can overheat and eventually cause the graphics adapter to fail.

How many times have you had this maintenance done since 2019?

Jack E/NJ

• Stauns_7
    Stauns_7 Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Options

Hi, thank you! Well I got the PC in 2020 actually and I hadn't done this servicing . . . but I did just a week ago after seeing your comment, then it solved the issue for about two days, now it does the same thing, it does not overheat or anything but just crashes after about 30-60 mins in a game, only when I try gaming.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,618 Trailblazer
    Options

This might also happen if the battery charge level is allowed to drop below about 50% during gaming even though plugged in.

Under heavy load the battery must occasionally help charger adapter meet high CPU/GPU power demands. During these times battery is actually draining while plugged in.

After an hour or so of heavy gaming loads, the battery may drain below about 50% level. At that point charging the battery takes precedent over CPU/GPU power demands. Then stuttering starts, FPS/game performance drops & BSODs might happen. Time to stop playing to allow the battery to re-charge to 100%. Gaming can then continue until battery again drops below 50%,

This is why battery should be 100% charged and plugged in BEFORE starting heavy loads for maximum play time. If you don't stop gaming and fully charge the battery when it drains below 50%, it'll just keep oscillating every few minutes between high FPS and low FPS as battery charges just above and just below the 50% level.

Jack E/NJ