VGA problem the VGA cable monitor is not showing in full screen in Acer ek240y

Options
Noywrit
Noywrit Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2022 in Monitors

Hi I have a Acer ek240y cbi 24inch monitor the problem is that with VGA cable the monitor is not showing in full screen the sides are not comming I tested with hdmi it worked properly my desktop dose not have a hdmi port so I have to use VGA os used Ubuntu 22.04lts motherboard Asus m5a78l-mlx and the second desktop is Asus prime a320m-k it has hdmi port but I have no integrated graphics so using a external graphics which supports only VGA thanks in advance

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Answers

• William_mk2
    Options

@Noywrit

I understand you say "my desktop dose not have a hdmi port so I have to use VGA "

Try to use an alternative vga cable and check. Go to nearby store and try to get a hdmi to vga adapter converter cable so that you can use between monitor and computer which dont have hdmi port.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Noywrit

Tinkerer

Options

Actually the VGA cable was included withe the monitor and it's new after switching the machine to 60hz then it got full screen but at 75 hz the problem happens I checked it's not monitor problem as with my rpi it works fine at 75 hz can you help me with this problem

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

What resolution is the computer set to? Does that match the base resolution of the monitor? Often VGA resolutions are 4:3 aspect ratios and HDMI/DP are 16:9. The EK240Y models are usually 1920x1080 and 16:9, you might be using 1024x768 or 1280x1024 instead.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Noywrit

Tinkerer

edited November 2022
    Options

No I am seted to 1920x1080 16:9 in 75 hz only

1st one in 75 hz and 2nd one in 60hz I think you cant see the screen difference as it's dark room

• William_mk2
    Options

@Noywrit

Step 1

On the monitor using the control buttons try to change the input to vga instead of hdmi and check.

If it is still not working..

It might be a cable issue..  Remove all the cables from monitor.  Press and hold the power button of monitor for 1 min.  Connect all the cables back. Try to turn on the monitor.  Connect the monitor to computer and check. If the cable is non removable please don't try to remove it. 

Please remove the cable between monitor and computer.   Try to connect it back and check.  If possible try to use an alternative cable and check.  

If the problem persists try to use an alternative power cable and display cable and check.  Try to bypass the surge protector and connect the monitor directly to power outlet.  Try to connect monitor on a different power outlet or surge protector and check.  

On the monitor – use the control buttons.  There will be an option to reset monitor settings to default.  Try to reset the monitor and check.  

To isolate the issue, try to use the same monitor to a different computer and check or Try to use an alternative monitor on this computer and check.

Step 2

If it is a software issue on the computer then follow the steps given below:

Try windows x 

go to device manager 

expand display adapter

right click on display driver – uninstall 

Restart the computer 

It should work fine.. 

If it is still not working 

Uninstall the display adapter from device manager 

Dont restart the computer. 

Go to support.acer.com 

chose your country 

type snid or chose your model 

go to drivers 

Install the display driver 

It should work fine.. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★