I want to change de cpu cooler on GX-781, my cpu temperature when i am playing games have max of 81º

JoseAndorra
JoseAndorra Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Hello, my cpu temperature when i am playing games have max of 81º, i am little afraid with this. I buyed a new cpu cooler of Mars Gaming (Mars Gaming MCPUARGB) and went i taken away the stock cpu cooler i saw that it was screwed. The cpu cooler i bought It goes with some tabs that are inserted into some holes, but where the holes should go is for screws. Does anyone have any idea what I could do to remove the screwing thing???

Thanks!

Jose, "sorry for my english".

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,426 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

You're going to have to remove the mother board and remove the nuts or buy longer screws to use on the new cooler.

I also think that they sell the CPU with screws instead of tabs ?

Here is a prior 5 page discussion.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/668148/does-the-aspire-tc-886-motherboard-have-pwm-for-cpu-fan/p1

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited November 2022

Your GX-781 desktops comes with either the Intel Core i5 7400 or Core i7 7700 CPUs that are all an Intel LGA 1151 socket type CPUs and the Mars Gaming MCPUARGB CPU cooler has a bracket for the Intel LGA 1151 socket type CPUs, use the diagram below from the manual to secure this cooer as its a very simple process.

First you need to unscrew the 4x screws of the existing GX-781 CPU cooler (like below)

And NO "The cpu cooler i bought It goes with some tabs that are inserted into some holes" as the A bracket has to be secured 1st with its 4x screws and then the CPU Cooler 2nd which has a clipping securing system that secures to the bracket A...If you don't have the correct screws for bracket A then use the existing Acer cooler screws (like shown above) for the Mars Gaming MCPUARGB "A bracket" then secure the Mars Gaming MCPUARGB cooler like shown below. Also, you don't need to take the motherboard out of the case.