AN515-55-56R2 Fix on broken screen on 144Hz but working fine in 60Hz

rienzeke
rienzeke Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hi! I would like to ask if there any fix for my laptop (AN515-55-56R2) screen that started flicker and later turn black (most of the screen) on 144Hz but working fine on 60Hz refresh rate. See attached images.

Image 1: On144Hz

Image 2: On 60Hz

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Hi! There are several bios fixes that mention various fixes for the display. Despite the risk, I advise trying to update the bios to the latest version. I would also advise trying to update your drivers to the latest available versions.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • rienzeke

Tinkerer

I like to try your suggestion about updating the bios. However I'm not able to use the BIOS due to the same issue.

• Is your computer under warranty?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • rienzeke

Tinkerer

I already open the laptop for installing additional HDD and SSD, so I probably void the warranty. Though it was still under extended warranty.

• Borys
    Borys Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter

I recomend you to disable buss OC

so uf you use something that allows you to over clock your cpu set buss speed to 100mhz do not go over nitro screean does not like it :D

• rienzeke

Tinkerer

I think that's requiring BIOS configuration so I'm not able to do that. I can only change refresh rate in Windows' display setting.

• rienzeke

Tinkerer

Btw I found this. Got similar issue with mine.

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/735843/Help!+Screen+flickering+on+Nitro+5

Could this be an issue to all AN515-55 with 144Hz screen?

• I would check those connections. But this has to be checked by a technician who understands electronics.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Borys

By the way opening your laptop to add extra stuf like hdd m.2 or ram does not void your warranty you are allowed to do this as long as you dont mess with mother board screws so you can send it for repair. Back to issue you haveing if it's not OC issue than try updateing your display driver Download app Caled Driver Hub or try to find it manualy it seams like some timing issue

• Borys

i don't think so he had a faulty connector you just have controler issues

• rienzeke

Tinkerer

Yeah, that's how I know warranty works. But I don't thinks that's how they interpret it here. Maybe I should atleast try to see what will happen.

With regards to updating display drivers Intel UHD and GTX 1060 Ti, still no luck.

• rienzeke

Tinkerer

I recently join FB Group for Acer Nitro and found similar issue relating to 144Hz screen. All showing early symptoms of screen flickering.

• SpookyPrince
    SpookyPrince Member Posts: 1 New User

@rienzeke
    Did u find a solution? Were u able to fix it?

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer