Need Windows 10 drivers for Aspire TC-780 I cannot find the driver I need anywhere on the site.

xamayax
xamayax Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

My computer has an Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 - the graphics card needs to be updated. Intel has released a later update, but they won't let me install it because it has to be from Acer. Acer does not have the driver anywhere for me to install and claims my PC is UTD even though it is not. The last time the graphics card driver was updated was 7/7/2017. I find it really odd that when I search the serial number to my PC on the site it brings up nothing ('no results') and I cannot find the driver I need anywhere on the site.

I am not in the position to upgrade my system at the moment, especially when getting the driver that's already been released would fix the problem I am having with photoshop.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Over to the right on this page is (Drivers and Manuals)

Use SNID or Serial to see the latest drivers.

OR go to your DEVICE MANAGER and right click on your graphics card..it should say update driver.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

I don't believe Acer has released newer drivers than what you have. If Windows Update doesn't provide newer go ahead and tell the Intel site to install the newer ones anyway.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • xamayax
    xamayax Member Posts: 2 New User

@Larryodie I did this, The Drivers and Manuals page says my serial number does not exist. The Device Manager says everything is up to date.

Acer isn't providing the update that I need that already exist. Intel won't let me install it and says it's a driver being controlled by Acer and I have to go to them. Even their support team tells me they cannot help and to contact Acer.

Thankfully, I was able to purchase a third party driver updater after a lot of research and I found a work around, but how freaking ridiculous is this? Kind of turns me away from prebuilts all together, which lets face it probably was my first problem. Then it also turns me away from both brands.

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

@xamayax

I would suggest to download and run the Intel Diver and Support Assistant from the Intel site.

This software will keep you UHD 630 up to date when needed.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon