Acer ES1-571 InsydeH20, I cannot boot any file and Bios is completely LOCKED

Options

Answers

• luke789
    luke789 Member Posts: 24 Troubleshooter
    Options

It happened again… I think because I set same user and supervisor password in bios.

Now again everything is grayed out and cannot boot my laptop anymore. I've tried to short both the battery and the jumpers as I did previously but this time it has not worked :(

My laptop is completly not working… any other chance to unblock the bios? Unfortunatly when booting it looks for a boot file that it does not exist and it does not boot, just restarting…

Thank you to anyone who will help me!

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,536 Trailblazer
    Options

Unplug the charger. Disconnect the battery pack connector from the mainboard. Then remove the coin cell again. Then short the two coin cell socket terminals on the mainboard for a longer period —- about a half-hour. During this same period, short out the two triangular pads for about 30 seconds at 5 to 10 minute intervals. This should drain the charges again.

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Did you use any unlock code from the bios.org website?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • luke789
    Options

Yes, I did use an unlock code from bios-pw.org/ and it let me in but all grayed out.

I will try as suggested by JackE, thank you for your help.

I'll do it next week and let you know, thank you again!

• luke789
    Options

Hello JackE and thank you for helping.

Unfortunately it seems there's no way to have the bios working again.

I've tried to short both jumpers and button battery for more than 30 minutes as you suggested but bios is still grayed out.

I tried to reinstall ubuntu from stick (stick install works as usual, I can also use Ubuntu via stick, whole pc hardware is working as expected) but nothing changed.

Now when pc boots it says /boot file not found and in Bios setting I can only set the psw.

Any other solution? :(

Thank you for helping.

• JackE
    Options

»»I've tried to short both jumpers and button battery »>

NO!!!! Not the button battery itself. Short it's terminals on the mainboard after removing it. I think you now need to check the button battery voltage. It needs to be 3.1volts or higher.

Jack E/NJ

• luke789
    Options

Hello JackE,

sorry I wrote incorrectly. Sure, I shorted the terminals on the mianboard not the button battery ;) Sorry I wrote by mistake "button battery".

At this point, could you tell what to do in steps?

Like, first remove HDD, battery pack, charger, then short, the plug-in again battery charger or HDD or I do not know. Then press on holding F2 or similar… I got lost in all of these steps and the laptop is still at the same point… :(

Thank you very much!!

• JackE
    Options

Disconnect the battery pack again. Then remove the coin battery again. Then short the two triangular mainboard contacts for 60 seconds.

Then check coin battery voltage. Must be 3.1 volts or higher.

Then try it again.

Jack E/NJ

• luke789
    Options

Hello again and thank you for your collaboration.

I tried as you wrote but no good nes, always at the same point. Bios completly grayed out. The only thing that changes is the time and date which everytime I short the two triangular mainboard contacts start from 00:00 1st Jan 2015.

I do not have the coin battery voltage 3.1 volts or higher. Mine is 3 volts. Could be this the problem? It looks it's not easy where I live to find one.

I did it with these steps: removed the battery pack > removed the coin battery > shorted the two contacts for 60 seconds > put on the coin > reconnected the battery pack > hold f2 turning the laptop on but no success. Then I did again the same procedure but without putting on the coin cell and reconnecting the battery pack, just using the AC power source. Nothing happend.

I'm getting crazy! Any other idea?

Thank you very much for your help.

• JackE
    Options

Temporarily disconnect the HDD. Then remove the coin cell again. Short the triangular contacts on the mainboard. Re-connect the coin cell. Do NOT reconnect the HDD. Try to tenter the BIOS again without the HDD connected

Jack E/NJ

• luke789
    Options

All the operations I tried were with HDD disconnected…

I also tried to short battery terminals and triangular jumpers for longer period and at the same time but no effects. It seems this time there are solutions… is it possible? What then?

Thank you for helping

• luke789
    Options

please note that when I do all of these operations on the mainboard and test the bios again, I never connect back wifi modul, HDD, touchmouse, CD driver, audio connectros. Does this affect the result?

• luke789
    edited April 2023
    Options

Here all screenshots of bios status. (With Ubuntu stick live booted everything works regularly but from pen not from HDD!)

• luke789
    edited April 2023
    Options

Apparently I solved the problem!! I shorted the two triangular with coin cell in and got back full control of Bios!

After having digit a new "user password" in the bios, everything got back grayed out again. fortunately I managed to select the boot file as trusted from HDD so now pc is booting correctly.

Any idea why after having digit the user password the bios got grayed out again?

• JackE
    Options

Any idea why after having digit the user password the bios got grayed out again?

What does "having digit" mean?

Jack E/NJ

• luke789
    Options

sorry "after typing"

• JackE
    Options

Why are you setting a user password? This only further complicates setting BIOS options. Only the supervisor password is needed is some but not all cases. You should avoid using BIOS passwords if possible and only use them when absolutely necessary.

Jack E/NJ

• luke789
    Options

Yes sure you are right. The problem is that it seems I cannot use the BIOS without typing a password. When I tried to change it, I left the fields empty but it was not accepted. That'w why I had to type a password, after it, again everything grayed out. Fortunately I managed to telle the BIOS where the trusted boot file is located.

Thank you very much for all of your help. It's been much appreciated!

• JackE
    Options

OK. Thanks for reporting back. As long as it's working OK now, don't try to change or delete any passwords. Leave them alone as-is. Just don't forget them.

Jack E/NJ

• luke789
    Options

I will. Thank you very much for all of your help :)