Acer Aspire 5 A515-44 AMD Ryzen 7 4700U Glitch lag issue.

Migs
Migs Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2022 in Aspire Laptops

Hi,

I have a terrible problem with my recently bought laptop in amazon spain of which I will leave a link just for the reference. What happens to me is that after 3 months of use and after updating to Windows 11 21H2 Build 22000.978 I have been having a HORRIBLE GLITCH / LAG when using it. This problem occurs occasionally and I don't know what the reason is anymore since this laptop comes without an OS but the original drivers come on its SDD so I'm sure it keeps these drivers that correspond to it and I've also made sure it has the latest version of AMD software adrenalin edition 22.10.3 (Video Driver) as of the date of this writing.

When I am in an online meeting via Google Meet, Zoom, Slack, etc.. I am either listening to music or playing a game and this ***** glitch occurs, my mouse lags for a few seconds followed by each software running at that moment, after this the sound from my speakers they start to sound disastrously horrible, similar to when the speakers are broken, it is too annoying although I can continue playing or working. I thought this problem was related to the version of AMD Adrenalin edition software but I have already updated countless times, my question is will it be a CPU driver problem? audio drivers? Acer TrueHarmony is one of the drivers that is installed by default, but I repeat I don't think it could be that, even so I accept any suggestion or advice.

PLEASE HELP😤😭

[Edited the thread to update model name & issue in detail]

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

>>>after updating to Windows 11>>>

Unfortunately, while the A515-44 will run Win11, it may not run well. This is because the updated ACER OEM Win11 drivers have not yet been released at this link. We have no idea if/when these OEM Win11 updates will be available, so you have to keep checking the link periodically like the rest of us Acer users.

For the time being, you can try installing the OEM Win10 drivers in Win11's Win10 compatibility mode. And/or downloading and installing iobit's driver booster freeware to see if it can pick up any new drivers on line that work better with Win11.

As for TrueHarmony, users have reported it sometimes causes serious audio issues. Thus you might try to disable it if possible to see if it helps

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓

>>>after updating to Windows 11>>>

Unfortunately, while the A515-44 will run Win11, it may not run well. This is because the updated ACER OEM Win11 drivers have not yet been released at this link. We have no idea if/when these OEM Win11 updates will be available, so you have to keep checking the link periodically like the rest of us Acer users.

For the time being, you can try installing the OEM Win10 drivers in Win11's Win10 compatibility mode. And/or downloading and installing iobit's driver booster freeware to see if it can pick up any new drivers on line that work better with Win11.

As for TrueHarmony, users have reported it sometimes causes serious audio issues. Thus you might try to disable it if possible to see if it helps

Jack E/NJ

• Migs
    Migs Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks Jack E,

Your solutions make a lot of sense. The community that comes looking for answers would like to know that after reinstalling my AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edition- VERSION 22.10.3 video driver for -Win10 and -Win11 on Oct 28 with a clean install over the previous one, I no longer have experienced more lag or glitch on my Acer, still I await future news from Acer regarding this problem and keeping an eye on the link provided by my good friend JackE, excellent work.

Thank you!!🤜🤛😀

Drivers support for this model:

• JackE

Congratulations. Thanks for reporting back on your progress! 🙂

Jack E/NJ