In Acer Predator X34 bmiphz, my PS5 says not 1440p compatible. Any update available?

Options
InfamousXeno
InfamousXeno Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2022 in Predator Monitors

I have an acer predator x34 bmiphz that I’m trying to switch the resolution on. Sony recently released an update for the PS5 that is supposed to support 1440p resolution. The issue I’m having is that my PS5 says my x34 bmiphz is not 1440p compatible. I am using the supplied HDMI 2.1 cable that came with the PS5 which is supposed to support up to 4k. Is there an update available for the x34 bmiphz that allows it to be recognized by the PS5? I have attached screenshots showing the issue.

[Edited the thread to add model name. Also edited the image to remove sensitive information]

Answers

• InfamousXeno
    Options

Does nobody at acer have an answer? I would have expected even a simple reply by now.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

From the User Manual:

So the higher vertical frequencies are only available on the DP port, not on HDMI. Love the spelling error there... :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • InfamousXeno
    Options

PS5 doesn't have a DP output. So is it safe to assume that this monitor will never be supported by the PS5?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, they can't really upgrade the hardware after the model has been released…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.