Overheating CPU and GPU temperatures of 86 degrees while gaming on nitro 5 an515-57 i5 11th gen

Options
Ani123
Ani123 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited November 2022 in Nitro Gaming

I've been experiencing a constant cpu and gpu temperatures of 86 degree while gaming. It fluctuates between 84-86 like temperatures. Is it normal to have these temperatures? How long can I use the laptop at these levels?

Please suggest me a way to decrease the temperatures on both cpu and gpu. I normally use a balanced power setting and the turbo boost is off. Also It always happens that when I play games without charging, it is at low temperatures like at 70s but with charging it rises abnormally high to 85 and high.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,145 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

Yes, it's normal for this model to reach higher temperatures while gaming, as it is now you don't have to worry too much but if it goes above 90°C then you can think of ways to reduce the temperatures, in fact 92-95°C is acceptable in my opinion, you can monitor the temperatures with a utility like HWmonitor or something similar, you can also try reducing CPU Maximum Processor State by 1% in Advanced Power options and check the temperature difference, the CPU in your model can withstand temperatures up to 100°C.

• brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Options

No problem, you can use the laptop with these temperatures as long as it works without shutting down, when the temperature is unbearable by the system it will shut down, when it starts shutting down, you can think of repasting the CPU, these temperatures are not going to damage the CPU because there's a built in safety mechanism in it.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

Yes, it's normal for this model to reach higher temperatures while gaming, as it is now you don't have to worry too much but if it goes above 90°C then you can think of ways to reduce the temperatures, in fact 92-95°C is acceptable in my opinion, you can monitor the temperatures with a utility like HWmonitor or something similar, you can also try reducing CPU Maximum Processor State by 1% in Advanced Power options and check the temperature difference, the CPU in your model can withstand temperatures up to 100°C.

• Ani123
    Ani123 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options

Hello, thanks for answering.

As you say that it is normal for it to have temperatures as much as that, how long can I operate with these temperatures?

Also this is happening while I have set the maximum processor state below 100

• brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Options

No problem, you can use the laptop with these temperatures as long as it works without shutting down, when the temperature is unbearable by the system it will shut down, when it starts shutting down, you can think of repasting the CPU, these temperatures are not going to damage the CPU because there's a built in safety mechanism in it.