PREDATOR HELIOS 300 PH315-55-512T KEEPS FREEZING AND RESTARTS I DONT KNOW WHAT COULD BE THE ISSUE?

Options
aidendc
aidendc Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2022 in Predator Laptops

Hi I got this laptop for a month now and it keeps freezing without any explanation. It occurs usually while gaming (Valorant & Overwatch), while opening Discord, but there is one time I was casually watching YouTube and it freezes. I tried every user-friendly solutions I could find on the internet (I don't dare mess with the part I don't quite understand such as BIOS). I even have reset this laptop for more than 5 times in a month of use. Every software/drivers have been updated, yet it still happened. I don't know what could be the problem. Any advices and suggestions would be appreciated 🙏

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,555 Trailblazer
    Options

Search Windows start menu 'predator sense'. Click 'predator sense' app near top of menu. Turn coolboost on in upper right hand corner. Also raise laptop about an inch above a hard surface to promote better airflow, taking care not to block air vents on bottom and sides.

Jack E/NJ

• aidendc
    aidendc Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I doubt heat is the problem because the laptop is always connected to an external laptop cooler while the fan is set on Max while playing games. Thanks for the suggestion tho, do you have any other advice?

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

When the crash occurs, note the exact time it occurred. Then go to event viewer and look for the error that appeared at that time.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,555 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>I doubt heat is the problem because the laptop is always connected to an external laptop cooler while the fan is set on Max while playing games. Thanks for the suggestion tho, do you have any other advice?>>>

Cooling pad can actually block exhaust vents and thus reduce laptop's own fan-induced airflow inside the machine. Check temps anyway with Predator Sense app. Don't guess temps judging by fan noise and use of a cooling pad. The fans can be at top speed but not moving any air if an exhaust vent can't function properly.

Jack E/NJ