Acer Desktop PC Aspire M3 AM3420-UR20P CPU now apparently out the box SORRY POSTED IN LAPTOP SECTION

Emergencygrant
Emergencygrant Member Posts: 9 New User
edited November 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

I believe this is the correct model anyway my issue is that I found some computers and am trying to make a working one so i found this model and it has this motherboard and ACER AAHD3-VC and an AM a10 5700 series CPU now apparently out the box this thing had a 2gb Dedicated GPU now MINE when found that GPU was long gone NOW this is a HDMI port on the back panel too also a VGA out put the computer runs it turns on but i get NO i mean ZERO signal at all no warning sounds or anything well it does set of alarms if i put the wrong ram in it or you know what I mean.

My questions Can someone send me a picture of the way it should be wired up? and what the jumper settings are?!

I haven't attempted to build a computer for 15 plus years now and it really is starting to show i mean I think ive done everything write but im guessing the fact that it was used to having a signal go through the GPU and not the onboard integrated graphics so does thsi mean i need to change some settings to get the signal to come out via VGA or HDMI please help me!!!

Im so lost here and i wanna build a computer again so badly and I cant find ANYTHING on google this is so frustrating please help!

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,434 Trailblazer

If the onboard GPU card does not output an image from either its HDMI, DVI or VGA (make sure you check all ports) then its most likely the GPU card as the motherboard PCIe slot rarely goes wrong, as symptoms like you said "out the box this thing had a 2gb Dedicated GPU now MINE when found that GPU was long gone" has nothing to do with settings or pins,

Try to clear the CMOS (see caption below) and also check the bios battery voltage and take the battery out to reset the bios. If after doing all this you still don't get an image then test the CPU (which is a Socket FM2-A10 5700) integrated graphics output through the other VGA Blue Port above the GPU card, to see if the motherboard outputs an image or the cpu/gpu works. Below are some details of your desktop, good luck and hope this helps you out.

These are the top 2GB GPU cards for your desktop that you should try

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,564 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Does the processor fan run when it turns on ?

Any beeps ?

Does you keyboard light up.