Predator Triton PT516-51s-77HV - Randomly stops working. Error: could not start the device (code 1).

Options
cotro92
cotro92 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2022 in Predator Laptops

Hi, Wi-Fi randomly stops working and device manager it shows yellow warning

unfortunately for the past few days the wifi card has not been working properly. Randomly it stops working and if I go to device manager it presents the yellow warning triangle.

If I go into properties it gives me the following errors:

-Could not start the device (code 10)

or

-The device has reported a problem and has been interrupted. (Code 43)

Sometimes it starts working again after a few minutes, sometimes I am forced to go into device manager, uninstall it and then reinstall it to restart it.

I've already tried connecting the pc to different routers and even thetering with the phone, the error repeats.

I have already tried installing different versions of drivers, the error repeats.

I have tried formatting, but the error remains.

I therefore rule out that the problem is either software or router related.

I have noticed that the problem recurs when I rest the laptop on my lap, and as long as I keep it on my lap even performing the above steps it does not resume working. In order to resume working I have to keep it off the legs or rest it on a table. Could it be that there is some connection of the network card that moves somehow maybe by putting a little pressure on the shell and sends the wireless network card into error?

Acer predator Triton 500 SE PT516-51s-77HV | NH.QAJET.004

Thanks

Manuel

[Edited the thread to update model name & issue in detail]

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

If you are out of warranty period and if you can manage yourself, open the back cover and check WiFi cables and make sure they are not touching(black and white cables) each other.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

I would try reinstalling windows first, pressing alt+f10 before the Acer logo. If the problem continues to occur, disassemble the laptop, disconnect the lithium battery, disconnect the main and auxiliary cables from the wireless network card, and then disconnect the wireless network card from the motherboard. Then connect the wireless network card, the main and auxiliary cables and then the lithium battery:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • cotro92
    Options

Thank you for the answers! I think it's that kind of problem too....

I have already reinstalled windows and the problem unfortunately remained, now it happens more occasionally.

The laptop is still under warranty, I bought it in January 2022, if I remove the back shell to do this operation will I void the warranty? Are there any seals on it? I am afraid to send it to service, as it is a defect they might not detect, and I also need the computer for work, I would not want them to keep it for too long

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,106 Trailblazer
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi,

The warranty warning sticker should look like in my picture, if you have the sticker on top of any screws at the base cover, you may void warranty,

Could you please go to Device manager, expand Network adapters, post the picture of driver tab like mine.

• cotro92
    edited November 2022
    Options

[Edited the image to remove sensitive information]

I have no seals on the screws:

here is the screenshot of device management:

here the screenshot of the last error two hours ago:

Thanks

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

Your drivers look fine, you could try changing the DNS address to Google DNS, give it a try and see, don't open the back cover yet, this may be a software problem, it's hard to confirm what causes this type of issues.

Go to Control panel, Network and Internet, Network and Sharing centre, click the WiFi card select Properties, highlight IPV4 and select Properties, at the next window select "Use the following DNS server addresses" with radio button, then enter 8.8.8.8 in the first line(Orange), 8.8.4.4 in the second line(Green)

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

There is no guarantee seal. You can take it apart. But you can't damage any parts. Disassemble carefully. The video above shows how to disassemble the notebook.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • cotro92
    Options

Hello everyone,

I am updating you as I think I have solved the problem!

Tonight the wifi was completely dead, I did all the above tests to turn it back on, but nothing, it was no longer working.

I look at the device manager and see that a USB controller also has the exact same error. Discouraged I try opening the back of the PC to see if disconnecting and reconnecting the card solves the problem. I notice that on some of the contacts near the USB type-c contacts on the left side, there is some sort of orange "paste", I remove it and it literally crumbles in my hand...removed this I tried reassembling the whole thing and it worked properly again. Does anyone have any idea what material this might be?

Here is a picture:

the material was on the contact I highlight below:

Thank you all for the advice, I will keep you updated!

Manuel

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

I have no idea what it could be. Maybe it's sand clay?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer