Acer Aspire 5 N19C3 laptop set up with Display port monitors with HDMI connectors to run 2 monitors

Options
Tango555
Tango555 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2022 in Monitors

I have an Acer Aspire 5 laptop (2 years old) with Ethernet jack, HDMI port, a USB 2.0 port, a USB 3.1 port. I'd like to use my HDMI port for use with two monitors that have a male Displayport connector. I haven't been able to fine any adapters that provide for a HDMI input into the laptop and two female connectors to accept my monitor connectors. Do I need to find monitors with HDMI connectors in order to run two monitors?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,627 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

>>>I'd like to use my HDMI port for use with two monitors that have a male Displayport connector.>>>

The HDMI port on this laptop is HDMI-signal output only. It does not alternately support DP signal output Accordingly, an active HDMI signal to DP signal converter would be needed. The only such converter that I know about claiming to do this is the Winten WT-CHD02-BK. There may be others but no direct Acer user experience with this type of signal converter to give you a high degree of certainty that it would do what you want. So you'd just have to try one to see. Sorry.

Jack E/NJ

Answers